I’m loving the floral, whimsical feel for summer clothing, and I love these looks from Pinterest. They incorporate fun summer patterns and light weight fabric that’s perfect to rock even in hot summer temperatures.
Red peplum top from H&M: $9.99
Black Dress Trousers from H&M: $9.99
Black Leather Ankle Boots: $15.00
This was a dress that I wore earlier this year, and I got it from Forever 21. I thought the two piece was really modern with the lace overlay. I also love a cute body con fit, but I just liked how unique it was from any other dress I’ve seen. I thought I would post it because it’s also perfect for the holidays especially New Year’s.
Here’s the link to the dress: http://www.forever21.com/Product/Product.aspx?br=F21&category=dress&productid=2000198880
After the last episode of Project Runway, I think it’s safe to say it’s anyone’s game. I really like seeing the designers have a comeback, and Nathalia did that this week. Here are my power rankings after last night’s episode.
- Nathalia– Nathalia had such a great comeback. The only thing that would’ve made it better was if she won the challenge. Her coat and pants were so impressive and I thought her styling with the slicked back hair screamed street style. She should’ve won hands down.
- Lawrence– I loved Lawrence’s jacket. Everything she does is so tailored and well thought out. The color was bold, and I definitely think she stepped away from the all black that she’s been doing. The drop crotch pants were the only piece that didn’t work.
- Jenni– Jenni pulled out a really pretty two piece that I can see tons of girls wanting. It’s wearable, and I can see why so many people wanting it. I’m surprised it was just safe. Actually, the next few looks below Jenni were also equally surprising to see safe.
- Roberi– Roberi had three pieces that worked so well together. I loved the draping with it too. His style is romantic and I thought he did a great job of translating that to street wear.
- Rik– Rik also had a very strong piece that I liked a lot. It was definitely a nice play on textures. The ripped textures and braided hair really worked here, and the fit was awesome too.
- Dexter– OK, so here’s why I’m confused. How did Dexter end up on the top if so many of the judges hated it? I mean, I thought it wasn’t as good as Roberi’s or Jenni’s, but then the judges don’t love it? I’m confused. I did like the color, but it just didn’t seem like a top three look for me.
- Mah-Jing- Mah-Jing’s dress was just okay for me. I didn’t love it, but it was also a pretty safe look. I didn’t like the jacket paired with the dress. They were both nice pieces, but not together.
- Erin– Erin brought another yellow piece. I understood what she was trying to go for, but the execution was off. Putting playful embellishments has to be done right. In the first few challenges, she nailed it with fashion forward designs. She’s slipping a little, so hopefully she comes back to the top.
- Brik- Oh Brik. I’m going to miss him. He just has such a fun personality, and I want to be friends with him. Anyway, I didn’t think his outfit was that bad. The fabric choices were not good at all, but I liked the idea.
- Cornelius– Cornelius was by far the worst. The jeans looked like jeggings and the top was so poorly made, it actually made me uncomfortable for the model. But he’s proven his designs to be somewhat strong in the past, so he was saved since Brik has been in the bottom twice. Stay tuned for next week’s recap.
I’ve been catching up on shows, and Girl Meets World has a handful of episodes, where there was a ton of fashion. Here’s some fashion from various of the latest episodes. If I didn’t leave a link to the clothing, it’s because they’re sold out.
Riley wore this fun fringed top, and it worked with her preppy style because the colors are so playful and quirky.
I love this skirt. It has such a beautiful print and I love that she wore it with this sporty type zipped top. I’m really loving these zippered shirts for the fall too.
Maya’s bomber jacket is awesome for the fall. The color is gorgeous and I love that it’s in this satin material. Of course, she makes it more Maya by pairing it with necklaces and a graphic tee.
Riley’s overalls are classic. The kind of staple everyone should have. I love the small rips here and there along with its relaxed fit.
Maya’s jacket is really cute here, but I really loved the blouse here. The little peek of lace is super pretty with this delicate print. I like that she toughened up the outfit with this utilitarian jacket.
Finally, I loved this top from Hollister. It’s super casual and comfy looking, which would be great for the fall weather too. Overall, I thought a lot of the pieces I highlighted are great for the changing weather. Thank you to WornOnTV for the photos provided. Additionally, check out the website for more fashion from television.
So I’ve been MIA with my Project Runway recaps because of my busy schedule. I did, however, finally catch up, so I’m going to do a little power rankings post.
By the way, this recap is based off of both design and personality, so some designers might be ranked a little higher purely because they’re entertaining. I also included my favorite look from each designer.
- Laurence– Laurence is such a badass on the show. After the first episode, I was a little disapointed, but I love her sleek, edgy aesthetic. Her looks are always chic and expensive looking, and honestly, I just love her personality too. Her leather jacket and dress from the last challenge have been my favorites so far.
- Rik– Rik is also someone whose personality I really like. He just seems so humble about all the success he’s gotten so far. His designs are really sleek as well, and his swimsuit was one of my favorite pieces from this season so far.
- Erin- Erin is clearly a force to be reckon with. Her aesthetic is really quirky and her emebellishments are super unique. I really liked the black light challenge because she used this concept of turning something pretty into something sexy.
- Jenni– Jenni is another person whose style is really refreshing and modern. Her dress from the last challenge was stunning and the color and embellishment made it look super expensive.
- Dexter– Sure Dexter got a little carried away with Erin, but I didn’t think his fringe dress was that bad. I really started liking Dexter after the team challenge. He was authoritative but still kept his fun personality alive. He’s definitely someone I can see going far.
- Roberi– Roberi’s swimsuit was awesome in the fourth episode. It was such a playful print. Personally, I like how whimsical and imaginative his designs are.
- Mah-Jing– Mah-Jing is so high because I love his personality. His vest was the one piece I liked of the collection, and I thought his tears over Tasha was so sweet.
- Brik- Brik should technically be at the bottom based on his first few designs, but I like Brik’s personality and energy on the show. He has a lot of funny sound bites, and it’d be cool if he made a comeback.
- Cornelius- Cornelius is such a character. He’s so snarky, but I love the drama he brings. His designs aren’t my favorite, but the emoji dress he made was so amazing. He should’ve won that challenge.
- Nathalia- Nathalia is on the bottom because she just isn’t that memorable. I love this look below. It was definitely a standout. The fact that she’s on my bottom shows how talented the designers are this year.
This chunky scarf is exactly what I’ve been looking for this season. I also really like the chunky knit loop scarves that have been popular lately. This soft color above is really pretty and feminine too.
Corduroy button down skirts are super popular this fall, and I really like the ones in fall colors like red, burnt orange, yellow and brown. I love the idea of pairing leather with the preppy skirt to give it a little more edge. The shoes are also great too.
The criss cross trend has been really popular for spring and summer, but I love that they have them out in a chunky sweater. It’s cozy but still on trend.
Ripped jeans have been a staple for me for the past few months. I love that you can wear a really dressy top, but the jeans make it casual and easygoing. Cropped sweaters are also great for the upcoming winter.
I love more sporty looks for the fall too. Baseball caps and sneakers pair really well with a bomber jacket for a sleek sporty look this season.
I found all these looks on Pinterest, so check out their fall fashion for more!