This episode featured a ton of drama between the girls, mostly involving Krystal. The women got to pack their bags for Tahoe, and there were two solo dates and one awkward group date. Here’s my picks for the top 5 this week, along with some thoughts.
Becca K.: Becca barely had any airtime, but she seems like she’s pretty cordial with everyone and avoids all the drama in the house. I still think she’s going far.
Bekah M.: Bekah is the front runner in my mind. Arie and Bekah had a crazy date, where she revealed her age. I think Arie liked her enough to give her a chance, but I can tell Arie needed some time to probably process everything.
Seinne: Seinne is awesome, and I think she should be the next Bachelorette provided she gets that far. I think she carried the entire date really well, and she was actually bringing out such a good side of Arie. Seeing them on their date made me like Arie a lot more too.
Tia: Tia is a firecracker for sure, and she reminds me so much of Jojo and Raven. I think Arie really likes Tia too, and it showed despite the drama surrounding her.
Kendall: Kendall is such a quirky chick. That’s probably why I like her so much. She’s confident and owns her weirdness, which is why I think Arie kind of digs her.
- With all the drama going on, I mostly agreed with Caroline and Tia. I mean Krystal literally called herself flawless. But I didn’t like when Tia didn’t even look at Krystal when she asked to speak with them. That was a bit mean girl for me.
- I like Chelsea the more and more I see her. The glam shaming bit at the end was hilarious.
- Arie did a great job in this episode. I was so hard on him for my past recaps, but I actually liked how he handled everything.
- These group dates are rough. The hiking date looked like another nightmare with the girls not knowing where to go.
Here’s my thoughts on episode 3 of The Bachelor, along with my top 5 based on the episode. Also, find out which former bachelor is dating a celebrity below. It was surprising to me for sure!
Bekah: Bekah has such memorable moments with Arie, and she really brings out his personality. I absolutely love when she called him out on being afraid of women who are much more independent. It makes a lot of sense in all honesty, and she managed to come off more cheeky than confrontational, which was great on her part. She’s way too good for this show.
Becca K.: Becca and Arie come off as the most boyfriend/girlfriend in this episode when they had their one on one time. I love the little moment when she called him a dork too.
Chelsea: I don’t mind Chelsea as much as others do. I really think Arie likes Chelsea a lot. I mean you can easily tell who he’s into and she’s one of the few he really likes.
Tia: Honestly, she reminds me so much of Raven, and I want to be friends with her. Tia comes off so well throughout the episode, whether she’s narrating or spending her time with Arie. I think she’s awesome.
Lauren B.: I could see Lauren being a dark horse after this episode. Not much to say so far, but I feel like Arie’s into her based on body language.
- Bibiana, Annaliese and Lauren S. went home. I really liked all three of these girls, so it was disappointing to see them all go.
- I’m enjoying this season, but mostly because of the women bringing the drama. I don’t think Arie is really good at making the girls feel comfortable. Poor Analiese turned into a mess, but it was sort of justified considering how cringe worthy and cold Arie was toward her.
- The Napa Valley date and Rachel Zoe date were both dream dates. The group dates on the other hand are total nightmares. I would not want to be on the wrestling or the derby date, and the dog show just seemed pointless.
- I loved seeing Kenny back on the show! Speaking of the Bachelor franchise, how crazy do the winter games look? I’m pumped to see all my favorites back.
- Nick Viall is dating January Jones? WHAT! I mean good for Nick if he is. It’s just surprising to hear. I know she expressed how much she loved the show on a talk show before, but wow!
- OK, the last piece of news that I have is that there are rumors that the Bachelor producers want to do a trio wedding of Rachel and Bryan, Jojo and Jordan and Shawn and Kaitlyn. First off, I’m obsessed with Kaitlyn and Shawn, so I’d be most pumped to see them wed, but also secondly, how awesome is the Bachelorette track record? Three in a row that seem to be heading to success stories. Good for them!
Top 5 From Episode 4:
1) Shawn B.– Shawn reminds me of Jef Holm from Emily’s season. He’s calm, cool, and collected and comforts Kaitlyn whenever she needs it. He’s definitely a quiet one, but Kaitlyn likes Shawn a lot. Their connection seems to be levels above others, but as a viewer, I feel like they haven’t shown Shawn enough for the audience to get why she likes him so much. There is a deleted scene online though of Shawn giving Kaitlyn his favorite t-shirt, which was adorable.
2) Ben Z.– Ben was really protective throughout the date, and he was great. Even though he was scared of the snakes, it was cute to see him try to play it off. He’s very all-American, which I didn’t think would be a great for Kaitlyn, but she really likes him. I also think he’s be a good Bachelor, if it doesn’t work out with Kaitlyn.
3) Ben H.- This was a breakout episode for both the Ben’s. I thought it was hilarious that the producers put in “lovey dovey super hero” music during his sex ed talk. He could also be a good Bachelor. He seems really well-rounded and sweet. The kiss between him and Kaitlyn was also cute. Their kiss on the top of the building reminded me of Chris and Desiree.
4) Jared– Jared didn’t have a lot during the episode, but he had a great moment. His dance with Kaitlyn was nice, but I noticed more how comforting he was when Tony got upset with Kaitlyn. Kaitlyn walked over feeling bad, and Jared reassured her not to worry. There is something intriguing about Jared like Kaitlyn mentioned before.
5) Chris– My cupcake didn’t have a lot of screen time besides a quick kiss with Kaitlyn, but I still think he’s going to go far. He won’t be picked though. Kaitlyn likes a “man,” as she has stated several times throughout the show, and Chris is just a cute little cupcake.
Other Random Thoughts:
Dates: The dates this week were hilarious. All three dates were so funny, especially the one on one date. The sumo wrestling date was funny mainly because of Joe. He seems goofy and fun, and I love his happy-go-lucky attitude. The one on one date was so ridiculous and funny. I want to do something like this, but if I saw a moving body under a sheet, I would’ve been crying. The bird was also planted by the producers (probably because they knew they’d get that terrified response from Kaitlyn)
Tony: See you in paradise Tony. His zoo and skydiving monologue solidified his place on the show.
Bromance: The producers had a LOT of footage from these guys. It was funny to see their friendship in a brilliant montage. Did anyone else hear them having a conversation about how they love turtles? 🙂
Kaitlyn: I feel really bad for Kaitlyn. She’s been a great bachelorette so far, but some of these guys are terrible. For Clint, Tony, and Kupah to give her such a hard time over a span of a few days is not fair.
Also, I loved Kaitlyn’s dresses during the cocktail hours. One was sparkly and the other was a modest black with jewels. Both were stunning.
Unanswered Questions: Why was there a picture of Britt? Is Clint the only guy who has crashed and burned this soon after getting the first date? Who are some Bachelor in Paradise candidates for this season?
Hi everyone! I started writing for a website for college students called srtrends.com. It’s great for dorm ideas, clothing, advice, and much more. I wrote my first article called 6 Common Mistakes Made in Relationships. I’d appreciate it if anyone checked it out. I would love to hear feedback. Please click on the link below, and definitely check out more articles from the website.