Blake: Blake and Becca’s date was so cute. He was perfect for the date because he sort of let Becca take the lead as she went smashing away at all of her and Arie’s memories. Blake is such a sweetheart, and I just like how genuine he seems.
Jean: Jean got the rose and deservedly so as he stayed out of the drama and made a quick connection with Becca.
Garrett: Garrett got the first impression rose, and I’ll get into the social media controversy surrounding him later, but just looking at his appearance on the show alone, he seems quirky and I loved his minivan entrance. It was original and fun.
Colton: Colton dated Tia, who was supposed to be the bachelorette before Becca and Arie broke up. So it looks pretty shady, and from the way he worded his relationship with Tia, he was super vague about the timeline so there’s some major red flags there, but it makes for some interesting drama.
Christon: Christon is very smooth with his basketball game gimmick and I’ll peg him as my dark horse for now.
David the Chicken: The chicken is actually a contender. He is very handsome, but I hope he doesn’t get caught up in drama with Jordan because it just makes him look petty.
Leo: Dodgeball champ and good commentary so far.
Joe the Grocery Guy: Nothing makes me happier than knowing Joe has a huge social media following considering he left night one. He has more Instagram followers than most of the current contestants. Justice for Joe will probably come because he seems like a lock for Paradise.
Jordan: Jordan is so funny. He has the best one liners and he doesn’t bother me at all. If I were a contestant in the house, I would probably be more amused than annoyed by his antics.
- So before the show started, Rachel, Kaitlyn, and Jojo came on to prove how funny and badass they truly are. I mean the bachelorettes are so awesome considering they’re all still together with their night one picks.
- Becca’s clothing has been so on point. Her red lace jumpsuit was sooo pretty on her group date, and I’m probably gonna go online to find out where she got it.
- Complete side note from show: Ashley I and Jared finally got together, and it made me believe in rom coms coming to life.
- The Arie bashing is getting old already. We get it. I’m sure Becca is over it too.
- About the Garrett thing: So Garrett’s social media from a while ago showed him liking some anti feminist and more right winged memes. I’ve only seen a couple of screenshots, but it did make me like him a little less. He made an apology which I appreciated, and I don’t think all his likes from a long time ago should reflect his present. However, it did make me judge him on the show, which I know isn’t fair, but it makes for an interesting concept: Could you date someone who has completely different values politically?
- Overall, the first episode was pretty entertaining, and the Colton drama made for some pretty juicy stuff this week.
This is an article I recently wrote to have a little fun with this season of the Bachelorette! I’d love if people could check it out. If you love the show, I think you’ll like this post : http://www.puckermob.com/moblog/your-bachelorette-contestant-soulmate-based-on-your-star-sign
As we heard it last time, Rachel wants a man, not a boy. But these past couple of weeks have shown that she is indeed dealing with a mansion of boys.
First let’s get to the good stuff first. Here’s my top 5 based on the men we’ve seen in the past two episodes (sorry for not recapping episode 3)
Dean: Dean had his episode last night by just being himself. To me, he came off super authentic even when he was talking about his mom. It didn’t feel like a sob story because it kind of naturally came up during their conversation. I love that he was afraid to go on the blimp, but smiled nervously the whole way through. Dean is definitely a dark horse.
Peter: After their one on one date, Peter is still pretty high on my list. He did especially well this week while talking to Rachel one on one and then doing his adorably funny rap to Rachel. They’re just so darn cute together.
Bryan: I have mixed feelings about Bryan. I like him when they hang out one on one and then he starts going a little overboard with some of the lines he uses. Like he’s definitely used those lines with other girls before. Some people love him. I think Rachel is super into him so we’ll see.
Alex: Alex killed it on the Ellen date. He’s so charming with his crazy little outfits and honesty. I love how his personality really shined through in that date. My only concern is that we’re not even seeing that much of him, but I hope he goes far.
Eric: Eric came around this episode for me by actually using his time with Rachel well. I also think Rachel is super into him even though as an audience, we might not understand it. Maybe we’ll see more of his personality as the season continues.
- Lee was so awful. He’s so cocky with everything he says. He’s instigating everyone, and with everything I’ve been hearing about his racist and sexist Tweets, I’m not sure why the producers thought it’d be a good idea to bring someone like that on the show. I know certain people are cast to bring drama, but this is way over the line. That’s so unfair for Rachel to deal with.
- Iggy is annoying the crap out of me too. At least Lee knows he’s a villain. Iggy is just insecure so he keeps bringing up people’s names.
- We haven’t see that much of Josiah, but I like his personality. I thought he handled the Iggy situation pretty well, and he was so funny when he was recapping it to the other guys on the stairs.
- Poor, poor Rachel! She should not have all this pressure of being the first black bachelorette. That’s ABC’s fault, but it’s so sad that she has to deal with the repercussions.
- OK, Bryce and Brady..Fine, but DIGGY???? Nooo
- Regarding paradise, I really don’t want to get too into it, but it seems like everyone is taking sides with DeMario in terms of the cast. I feel bad for Corinne because everyone is slut-shaming her. I HATE the way the press is bringing up the fact that she hooked up with three other guys, and the way she acted on Nick’s season. What does that matter? Another perfect example of victim-blaming. DeMario is also getting a lot of unneeded comments from social media. We don’t know the situation completely, so let’s not judge.
- Congrats to Carly and Evan on their wedding on Saturday
- OK, that’s it for this week. I’ll be recapping the rest of the season as it goes, so stay tuned!
Peter: Peter was the first out of the limo, and I love him with Rachel. They had a very easygoing laidback date, which allowed them to connect well. It also helped to have her dog come to the date. I can tell that Rachel is really into Peter because she seemed to get all giddy when she learned what they had in common. I really like these two together, but I hope they can keep the momentum since he was the very first date.
Dean: Dean had a rough start, but he’s recovered well. I love how shy and grounded he seems when he talks to Rachel, and it was adorable how nervous he was to kiss her. He’s a bit young, but I think he’s going far.
Bryan: Bryan made Rachel feel better by giving her a massage. I liked that he said he was going to be her own stress relief. It was a great move. Rachel reassuring him shows he’s probably going far.
Eric: Eric is still the dark horse in my mind. His presence was known in this episode, although he did dance for like five minutes on the court and then completely missed.
Josiah: Now that Dimario is gone, Josiah is the confident one. He said he’s very protective over Rachel, and she’s eating it up. Josiah is a question mark for me because I’m not sure how far he’ll go but Rachel took a liking to him in this episode.
- Another big reason I love the conversation between Rachel and Peter is because they’re normalizing the idea of seeing a therapist. It’s OK to see someone, and it shouldn’t be something anyone should feel ashamed of.
- I cannot believe Mila and Ashton came on the show. They’re way too famous and awesome to be on this reality show, but they were great. I love when Mila fell to the ground laughing during their game, and when Ashton was so confused by Lucas. They were so funny and made the date way more memorable.
- I really wanted Rachel to send the first batch of guys home on the group date. That would’ve made her the ultimate queen, but Dean saved the first group date.
- Rachel was rocking her purple dresses in this episode.
- Adam was so funny bringing in a dollhouse in this episode. Did anyone else catch that?
- The Dimario confrontation was so funny. He actually pretended he didn’t know her. He looked so bad. He should’ve just owned up to the situation instead of just making it worse by lying.