I had to watch the episode a bit late, but all my friends told me it was really good drama, and they were right. This episode was so funny and ridiculous. Krystal was crazy. Savage Arie is starting to come out, and Tia stole my heart. Here’s my top 5 frontrunner list for this episode.
Chelsea: Chelsea is one of my favorites this season, and I’m glad I wasn’t quick to judge her even during the first episode. Her date with Arie was super sweet, and they have a good chemistry.
Lauren B: OK, Chelsea and Arie have a good chemistry, but I thought Lauren and Arie’s time together was actually really cute and proved they had even better chemistry together. The game was silly, but it made for them to get to know each other a bit better. I can see Lauren going far after this episode.
Becca K.: Becca got to go to Arie’s room, and she was getting a little worried after feeling like her date was a long time ago. I still think she’s a frontrunner. She’ll probably have a second date in the next couple of episodes.
Tia: Tia and Arie had such a good time together on their date. I kind of wish they didn’t pigeon hole her into this date. Like why couldn’t she have a glamorous date like most of the girls have had so far?
Kendall: Kendall is one of a kind, and she owns it, which is why Arie probably likes her sort of weirdness.
Thoughts on Krystal:
- Usually I have thoughts on the episode as a whole, but let’s delve into everything that was Krystal. First off, thank you Krystal. She provided the most entertaining two hours of television for me in a while.
- I mean Krystal went wrong when she didn’t accept responsibility for throwing her little fit. She just kept making excuses. I feel like if she apologized and just said “You know what guys, I was out of line,” things would’ve been fine. I think Arie is started seeing that sort of manipulative side to her, so she should be leaving sometime soon. We’ll see!
- Krystal had so many crazy quotes this episode. The glitter one made me laugh because she was so serious when she said it. I thought she was being pretty childish throughout the episode by throwing a fit to get Arie’s attention. I thought the way everyone went about Krystal was interesting.
- I actually liked Kendall pulling her aside and talking to her so calmly. As much as I love Bekah, I actually didn’t like how she egged on Krystal. She was instigating a lot of the drama too, and I sort of felt like her age was showing a bit in this episode.
- I think Arie handled the whole thing really well. I’m glad he went up to talk to her before the cocktail party because I mean, she was talking crap about him specifically, so of course, he’d want to get that out of the way, so he can focus on the girls rather than having it hang over the night. All in all, Arie did a solid job this episode, except when he licked the ball. That was gross.
- I cannot wait until the next episode. They’re going to Paris, which is actually really cool, so I’m excited to see what’s to come.
- Oh my last thought: Jenna- She was drunk the entire episode. The entire time maybe. It made me laugh so hard.
The Bachelorette is back, and I’m excited for what looks like a drama filled season. Rachel handled herself like a champ in the premiere episode, even when the men were cringeworthy toward her, but we’ll touch on that later. Let’s look at my top 5 after this episode.
Bryan: Bryan made such a great impression last night. The rose seemed to be given purely based on the physical chemistry between him and Rachel, but they were so cute when they were talking to each other in that outside corner of the mansion.
Peter: I’m really good at telling when two people look good together just based on presence when they’re together, and I see it with Rachel and Peter. He was the first one out of the limo and those people always make it very far.
Eric: Out of the four people that met Rachel previously, Eric had the best first impression with his dancing. He seems like he has a fun personality too.
Dean: Let me say that Dean’s first entrance on the show was horrifying when he said he was “going black and never going back.” That line made me cringe so much. It’s so offensive especially because highlighting Rachel’s race should not be the focus of the season. But he did way better with his little sandcastle setup.
Alex: Just based on looks to be honest…..but I did love that he brought a vacuum cleaner to mirror what was shown when Rachel was auditioning for The Bachelor last season.
- I loved that Rachel brought all the girls back that she was close to on Nick’s season including Corinne, Raven and Alexis.
- Rachel’s dress was so pretty especially with the straps in the back
- Rachel handled Lucas very well. He was so disrespectful and obnoxious for most of the episode. It was funny for 3 seconds, and then became annoying.
- Josiah and Dimario either become best friends or enemies. They’re so similar in their confidence so we’ll see. That being said, I loved Josiah’s story coming full circle.
- The tickle monster was disturbing.
- Adam Jr. was so ridiculous, but it was kind of funny too.
- Mohit was so hilarious. I wish we got more of his drunk moments.
Raven: I really liked Raven’s date with Nick. It was fun, easygoing and just a nice normal date. But besides that, I love Raven’s personality. She has a sweet southern charm, but she’s also pretty headstrong and confident, which I’m sure is what attracted Nick to her. Her past relationship is super dark, and I love the way she told it without any sort of sugar coating on it. Raven really stood out this episode, and she rose to the top for me in this episode.
Vanessa: Vanessa is such an awesome human being. Her little scrapbook was a cute little reminder of how old school she seems in comparison to the other women. She and Nick have a very strong connection, so we’ll see what happens next.
Corinne: Corinne is crazy, but she wasn’t the craziest person in this episode. To me, Taylor came off as super entitled and demeaning toward Corinne. I mean, don’t get me wrong, Corinne is delusional in some of her thoughts, but at least she owns it and doesn’t bother the other women. She’s not being rude to any of the women, so I’m not sure why some of them feel the need to judge her and question her intentions when they should be focusing on Nick.
Rachel: Rachel is going far! I think she’s just having a slow start. We keep seeing small little scenes between her and Nick, but nobody seems to see her as a legitimate threat. I think she’s going to make it somewhat far, but until we see the one on one date, we will have to wait to see if there is a real connection.
Danielle M: How funny was Danielle when she read the date card? Love her. She just seems so chill.
Other Random Thoughts:
- Danielle L. didn’t make my top 5 because I honestly didn’t think there was that much of a real connection between the two of them. She just kept repeating the same thing over and over again. Maybe it was just nerves, but I don’t think there’s much to their relationship.
- The ex in the coffee shop was just about as real as the girl’s excitement of going to Milwaukee.
- Seriously, it didn’t add anything to the show really.
- Bella is killing it. She reminds me of the little sister from 500 Days of Summer.
- Cristen left! I loved her, and I hope she makes it on BIP.
- Nick handled Vanessa’s questioning pretty terribly. He really couldn’t defend himself, so he just reassured her. I guess in the moment, it worked out fine, but it did not read well on television.
- I saw Leah, Olivia and Corrine hanging out together on social media. I love when the villains ban together.
I found this on Rowan Blanchard’s Instagram account. If you don’t know who she is, she’s the 14-year-old actress that plays Riley Matthews on Girl Meets World. She’s fourteen, but she is so intelligent just from looking at her social media accounts on both Instagram and Twitter. People should definitely follow her.