This is an article I recently wrote to have a little fun with this season of the Bachelorette! I’d love if people could check it out. If you love the show, I think you’ll like this post : http://www.puckermob.com/moblog/your-bachelorette-contestant-soulmate-based-on-your-star-sign
The Bachelorette is back, and I’m excited for what looks like a drama filled season. Rachel handled herself like a champ in the premiere episode, even when the men were cringeworthy toward her, but we’ll touch on that later. Let’s look at my top 5 after this episode.
Bryan: Bryan made such a great impression last night. The rose seemed to be given purely based on the physical chemistry between him and Rachel, but they were so cute when they were talking to each other in that outside corner of the mansion.
Peter: I’m really good at telling when two people look good together just based on presence when they’re together, and I see it with Rachel and Peter. He was the first one out of the limo and those people always make it very far.
Eric: Out of the four people that met Rachel previously, Eric had the best first impression with his dancing. He seems like he has a fun personality too.
Dean: Let me say that Dean’s first entrance on the show was horrifying when he said he was “going black and never going back.” That line made me cringe so much. It’s so offensive especially because highlighting Rachel’s race should not be the focus of the season. But he did way better with his little sandcastle setup.
Alex: Just based on looks to be honest…..but I did love that he brought a vacuum cleaner to mirror what was shown when Rachel was auditioning for The Bachelor last season.
- I loved that Rachel brought all the girls back that she was close to on Nick’s season including Corinne, Raven and Alexis.
- Rachel’s dress was so pretty especially with the straps in the back
- Rachel handled Lucas very well. He was so disrespectful and obnoxious for most of the episode. It was funny for 3 seconds, and then became annoying.
- Josiah and Dimario either become best friends or enemies. They’re so similar in their confidence so we’ll see. That being said, I loved Josiah’s story coming full circle.
- The tickle monster was disturbing.
- Adam Jr. was so ridiculous, but it was kind of funny too.
- Mohit was so hilarious. I wish we got more of his drunk moments.
The Bachelor is back, and I’m late with my review already! Here are my top 5 after episode 1, along with some other random thoughts.
Rachel: Rachel reminds me so much of Andi, and Nick has always liked strong independent women, so it’s no surprise he liked Rachel because she gives off a very put together and confident attitude in the limited time she has with Nick. They had a very easygoing conversation, and her red dress didn’t get in the way of the first impression rose.
Vanessa: I really like Vanessa already. I feel like I’d be friends with her in real life. She just seems very genuine and her and Nick had a nice connection. Nick also said “She’s a keeper,” which is way more of a compliment in all honesty than saying she’s pretty or cute.
Danielle L: Danielle is someone who I’ll put as my dark horse. She’s beautiful and came off really well in the first episode.
Corinne: Corinne said about thirty things that made me cringe in the first episode. She seems like such a great villain. Olivia was always somewhat likable in Ben’s season, so it’s always nice to have a villain that just makes the show more entertaining. She’s aggressive and I’m 100 percent positive that Nick will consider the fact that he was painted a villain in his season if the other women say she’s no good.
Sarah: Sarah was the girl that ran up in sneakers as the “runner up” and although most of the intro corniness makes me want to barf, I thought it was pretty cute. She also wore that really pretty lavender gown.
- I don’t know what’s worse, that the shark wore her costume all night or that she’s 23 years old going on the show.
- Haley might be better off with Daniel/
- The girls needed to chill with the red dresses. It’s the Bachelor, not prom.
- OK, regarding the Liz thing. It seemed super awkward. When she explained herself, it really didn’t make sense when they were talking, but maybe that was just nerves. The whole exchange between them seemed a bit forced. I will defend her for a second though because I could completely understand the idea that she thought it would be exciting to see him again. Poor girl is getting beat up on Twitter, but I get where she’s coming from.
- How the heck did Olivia not make it? She came in with the fur coat and was so charming.
- Jimmy Kimmel had both Andi, Kaitlyn and Nick on the show, and man was it awkward!
- It looks like a drama packed season, and I’m stoked.
- I’m curious to know what others think of the whole Liz thing so comment below!