The Bachelorette is back, and I’m excited for what looks like a drama filled season. Rachel handled herself like a champ in the premiere episode, even when the men were cringeworthy toward her, but we’ll touch on that later. Let’s look at my top 5 after this episode.
Bryan: Bryan made such a great impression last night. The rose seemed to be given purely based on the physical chemistry between him and Rachel, but they were so cute when they were talking to each other in that outside corner of the mansion.
Peter: I’m really good at telling when two people look good together just based on presence when they’re together, and I see it with Rachel and Peter. He was the first one out of the limo and those people always make it very far.
Eric: Out of the four people that met Rachel previously, Eric had the best first impression with his dancing. He seems like he has a fun personality too.
Dean: Let me say that Dean’s first entrance on the show was horrifying when he said he was “going black and never going back.” That line made me cringe so much. It’s so offensive especially because highlighting Rachel’s race should not be the focus of the season. But he did way better with his little sandcastle setup.
Alex: Just based on looks to be honest…..but I did love that he brought a vacuum cleaner to mirror what was shown when Rachel was auditioning for The Bachelor last season.
- I loved that Rachel brought all the girls back that she was close to on Nick’s season including Corinne, Raven and Alexis.
- Rachel’s dress was so pretty especially with the straps in the back
- Rachel handled Lucas very well. He was so disrespectful and obnoxious for most of the episode. It was funny for 3 seconds, and then became annoying.
- Josiah and Dimario either become best friends or enemies. They’re so similar in their confidence so we’ll see. That being said, I loved Josiah’s story coming full circle.
- The tickle monster was disturbing.
- Adam Jr. was so ridiculous, but it was kind of funny too.
- Mohit was so hilarious. I wish we got more of his drunk moments.
After the last episode of Project Runway, I think it’s safe to say it’s anyone’s game. I really like seeing the designers have a comeback, and Nathalia did that this week. Here are my power rankings after last night’s episode.
- Nathalia– Nathalia had such a great comeback. The only thing that would’ve made it better was if she won the challenge. Her coat and pants were so impressive and I thought her styling with the slicked back hair screamed street style. She should’ve won hands down.
- Lawrence– I loved Lawrence’s jacket. Everything she does is so tailored and well thought out. The color was bold, and I definitely think she stepped away from the all black that she’s been doing. The drop crotch pants were the only piece that didn’t work.
- Jenni– Jenni pulled out a really pretty two piece that I can see tons of girls wanting. It’s wearable, and I can see why so many people wanting it. I’m surprised it was just safe. Actually, the next few looks below Jenni were also equally surprising to see safe.
- Roberi– Roberi had three pieces that worked so well together. I loved the draping with it too. His style is romantic and I thought he did a great job of translating that to street wear.
- Rik– Rik also had a very strong piece that I liked a lot. It was definitely a nice play on textures. The ripped textures and braided hair really worked here, and the fit was awesome too.
- Dexter– OK, so here’s why I’m confused. How did Dexter end up on the top if so many of the judges hated it? I mean, I thought it wasn’t as good as Roberi’s or Jenni’s, but then the judges don’t love it? I’m confused. I did like the color, but it just didn’t seem like a top three look for me.
- Mah-Jing- Mah-Jing’s dress was just okay for me. I didn’t love it, but it was also a pretty safe look. I didn’t like the jacket paired with the dress. They were both nice pieces, but not together.
- Erin– Erin brought another yellow piece. I understood what she was trying to go for, but the execution was off. Putting playful embellishments has to be done right. In the first few challenges, she nailed it with fashion forward designs. She’s slipping a little, so hopefully she comes back to the top.
- Brik- Oh Brik. I’m going to miss him. He just has such a fun personality, and I want to be friends with him. Anyway, I didn’t think his outfit was that bad. The fabric choices were not good at all, but I liked the idea.
- Cornelius– Cornelius was by far the worst. The jeans looked like jeggings and the top was so poorly made, it actually made me uncomfortable for the model. But he’s proven his designs to be somewhat strong in the past, so he was saved since Brik has been in the bottom twice. Stay tuned for next week’s recap.
This chunky scarf is exactly what I’ve been looking for this season. I also really like the chunky knit loop scarves that have been popular lately. This soft color above is really pretty and feminine too.
Corduroy button down skirts are super popular this fall, and I really like the ones in fall colors like red, burnt orange, yellow and brown. I love the idea of pairing leather with the preppy skirt to give it a little more edge. The shoes are also great too.
The criss cross trend has been really popular for spring and summer, but I love that they have them out in a chunky sweater. It’s cozy but still on trend.
Ripped jeans have been a staple for me for the past few months. I love that you can wear a really dressy top, but the jeans make it casual and easygoing. Cropped sweaters are also great for the upcoming winter.
I love more sporty looks for the fall too. Baseball caps and sneakers pair really well with a bomber jacket for a sleek sporty look this season.
I found all these looks on Pinterest, so check out their fall fashion for more!