Blake: Blake and Becca’s date was so cute. He was perfect for the date because he sort of let Becca take the lead as she went smashing away at all of her and Arie’s memories. Blake is such a sweetheart, and I just like how genuine he seems.
Jean: Jean got the rose and deservedly so as he stayed out of the drama and made a quick connection with Becca.
Garrett: Garrett got the first impression rose, and I’ll get into the social media controversy surrounding him later, but just looking at his appearance on the show alone, he seems quirky and I loved his minivan entrance. It was original and fun.
Colton: Colton dated Tia, who was supposed to be the bachelorette before Becca and Arie broke up. So it looks pretty shady, and from the way he worded his relationship with Tia, he was super vague about the timeline so there’s some major red flags there, but it makes for some interesting drama.
Christon: Christon is very smooth with his basketball game gimmick and I’ll peg him as my dark horse for now.
David the Chicken: The chicken is actually a contender. He is very handsome, but I hope he doesn’t get caught up in drama with Jordan because it just makes him look petty.
Leo: Dodgeball champ and good commentary so far.
Joe the Grocery Guy: Nothing makes me happier than knowing Joe has a huge social media following considering he left night one. He has more Instagram followers than most of the current contestants. Justice for Joe will probably come because he seems like a lock for Paradise.
Jordan: Jordan is so funny. He has the best one liners and he doesn’t bother me at all. If I were a contestant in the house, I would probably be more amused than annoyed by his antics.
- So before the show started, Rachel, Kaitlyn, and Jojo came on to prove how funny and badass they truly are. I mean the bachelorettes are so awesome considering they’re all still together with their night one picks.
- Becca’s clothing has been so on point. Her red lace jumpsuit was sooo pretty on her group date, and I’m probably gonna go online to find out where she got it.
- Complete side note from show: Ashley I and Jared finally got together, and it made me believe in rom coms coming to life.
- The Arie bashing is getting old already. We get it. I’m sure Becca is over it too.
- About the Garrett thing: So Garrett’s social media from a while ago showed him liking some anti feminist and more right winged memes. I’ve only seen a couple of screenshots, but it did make me like him a little less. He made an apology which I appreciated, and I don’t think all his likes from a long time ago should reflect his present. However, it did make me judge him on the show, which I know isn’t fair, but it makes for an interesting concept: Could you date someone who has completely different values politically?
- Overall, the first episode was pretty entertaining, and the Colton drama made for some pretty juicy stuff this week.