- Lightroom: If Instagram isn’t cutting it with the filters, people should download the Lightroom app because it’s free if you have an iphone. You can change a photo drastically with changes in lighting, radiance and tinting. Additionally, you can edit photos professionally on your phone if you need to blog or edit quickly on the go.
- Hootsuite: I run a few accounts on Instagram for my major. If you have to manage social media for a business like I have to, this app allows you to schedule all your posts. Rather than having to remember throughout the week, you can load your posts up on a Sunday night once, and the posts will update automatically.
- Canva: Canva is perfect for making aesthetically pleasing promotional posters and graphics. Some designs are $1.99, but there are a ton that you can use for free. For a social media savvy app, it’s much easier and quicker than InDesign and Photoshop.
- TapeACall: As a journalist, I need to transcribe phone calls sometimes. TapeACall is perfect for recording your phone calls effortlessly. It does cost money to record your calls freely, but it’s so worth it if you’re constantly doing interviews. Definitely remind your sources they’re being recorded beforehand as well.
- WordPress: This might seem like an obvious one, but posting on the WordPress app is so much more convenient if you need to do a quick post. This is one of the best mobile apps I’ve seen that is just as good as the computerized website.
ALSO, I recently got an article written about me, and I linked it below. I’ve been the editor in chief for Cardinal Points, a staff writer for DoNorth magazine, an editorial assistant for Saranac Review, and a social media manager for the literary magazine ZPlatt. I also used to co-host a radio show and have been a teaching assistant for three different classes.
Here’s the link to check it out: http://cardinalpointsonline.com/singh-builds-confidence-through-leadership/
Cheers to the weekend. For today’s post, I’ll be sharing some of my favorite songs to listen to while I’m getting ready to go out. Before I get to the playlist, let me give a shout out to the Airtime app, which allows you to video chat with up to five other friends, and you can share music so everyone can sing songs together. Please check out the link, and see for yourself.
Girl’s Night Out Playlist:
- Cold Water ft. Justin Bieber and MØ- Major Lazer
- Bonfire – Felix Jaehn
- I wish (My Taylor Swift) – The Knocks
- Work ft. Drake – Rihanna
- One Dance ft. Kyla and Wizkid – Drake
- 2 On – Tinashe
- Loyal – Chris Brown
- 1 of 1 -Tyga
- Mamacita – Tinie Tempah
- Hymn for the Weekend – Coldplay
- Toothbrush -DNCE
- Dirty Talk – Wynter Gordon
- Panda – Desiigner
- Closer – The Chainsmokers
- Into You – Ariana Grande
- This Is What You Came For
- Cool Girl – Tove Lo
- All In My Head (Flex) – Fifth Harmony
- Me Too – Meghan Trainor
- Too Good – Drake ft. Rihanna
- Make Me – Britney Spears ft. G- Eazy
- Middle – DJ Snake ft. Bipolar Sunshine
- No Money – Galantis
- Light It Up – Major Lazer ft. Nyla and Fuse ODG
- Perfect Strangers – Jonas Blue ft. JP Cooper
- Candyman – Zedd & Aloe Blacc
- I Wanna Know – Alesso ft. Nico & Vinz
- Back 2 U – Steve Aoki & Boehm ft. WALK THE MOON
- Gyal You A Party Animal – Charley Black
- Don’t Let Me Down – The Chainsmokers ft. Daya
Scarlet & Gold is a lifestyle and gift brand that includes placemats, notebooks, scripture cards, and other stationery items. However, I started seeing some more artsy phone cases pop up in their Instagram account and discovered their amazing designs. Here are some of their patterns that I thought were chic and unique. The iPhone cases are between $20.00-$35.00, so check them out!
TIGER LILLY | IPHONE CASE
BIG PALM | IPHONE CASE
BEIGE DIPPED | IPHONE CASE
GREEN & GOLD IKAT | IPHONE CASE
Also, I looked at some of their products on sale and thought the ones below were too precious not to post.Check out more by clicking on the link below:
These Lowe Notes are only $1.00 now! Between the quotes and the artwork, I’m obsessed with this brand!
This $14.00 notebook is also super pretty and I love the shades of blue and green.
This $12.00 placemat is fun and still chic.