I’m loving the floral, whimsical feel for summer clothing, and I love these looks from Pinterest. They incorporate fun summer patterns and light weight fabric that’s perfect to rock even in hot summer temperatures.
Emma Stone’s dress was my favorite by far. I love that she went with a classic fit with an intricate design and fringe. Her whole look is very Hollywood Glamour with her refined curls and simple red lip, which is appropriate for her movie “La La Land.”
I love how luxurious this dress was. I love how the classic top was made more whimsical with a feathered skirt with embellishment.
Brie Larson looked amazing in this sculptural look. If this was in another color, it could’ve been a nightmare on the red carpet. But the black color and minimal styling makes for a very chic look.
I love this dress on Hailee Steinfeld. The floral print and chiffon material made for an ethereal feel, which was a nice change for an Oscars look. I also like that she opted for an updo. Some people might not like the dress, but I think she pulled it off well.
Olivia Culpo looked amazing in this fringed dress. Her purple eye makeup make it more modern look overall, and it was a nice little surprise to the Hollywood feel. I love the little black ribbon that ties the look together.
Raven: I really liked Raven’s date with Nick. It was fun, easygoing and just a nice normal date. But besides that, I love Raven’s personality. She has a sweet southern charm, but she’s also pretty headstrong and confident, which I’m sure is what attracted Nick to her. Her past relationship is super dark, and I love the way she told it without any sort of sugar coating on it. Raven really stood out this episode, and she rose to the top for me in this episode.
Vanessa: Vanessa is such an awesome human being. Her little scrapbook was a cute little reminder of how old school she seems in comparison to the other women. She and Nick have a very strong connection, so we’ll see what happens next.
Corinne: Corinne is crazy, but she wasn’t the craziest person in this episode. To me, Taylor came off as super entitled and demeaning toward Corinne. I mean, don’t get me wrong, Corinne is delusional in some of her thoughts, but at least she owns it and doesn’t bother the other women. She’s not being rude to any of the women, so I’m not sure why some of them feel the need to judge her and question her intentions when they should be focusing on Nick.
Rachel: Rachel is going far! I think she’s just having a slow start. We keep seeing small little scenes between her and Nick, but nobody seems to see her as a legitimate threat. I think she’s going to make it somewhat far, but until we see the one on one date, we will have to wait to see if there is a real connection.
Danielle M: How funny was Danielle when she read the date card? Love her. She just seems so chill.
Other Random Thoughts:
- Danielle L. didn’t make my top 5 because I honestly didn’t think there was that much of a real connection between the two of them. She just kept repeating the same thing over and over again. Maybe it was just nerves, but I don’t think there’s much to their relationship.
- The ex in the coffee shop was just about as real as the girl’s excitement of going to Milwaukee.
- Seriously, it didn’t add anything to the show really.
- Bella is killing it. She reminds me of the little sister from 500 Days of Summer.
- Cristen left! I loved her, and I hope she makes it on BIP.
- Nick handled Vanessa’s questioning pretty terribly. He really couldn’t defend himself, so he just reassured her. I guess in the moment, it worked out fine, but it did not read well on television.
- I saw Leah, Olivia and Corrine hanging out together on social media. I love when the villains ban together.
Red peplum top from H&M: $9.99
Black Dress Trousers from H&M: $9.99
Black Leather Ankle Boots: $15.00
Here were some of my favorite looks from the 2017 Golden Globes. I loved so many looks this year but narrowed it down to the ones below. Let me know whose look was your favorite in the comments below!
I love Gina Rodriguez’s shimmery fringe. She looks fresh and fun with her hair swept to the side rather than being in an updo. It’s the perfect example of Hollywood glamour.
I love the embellishment of this dress with the strategic cutouts on the top bust. It’s super modern with a sleek ponytail to show off the glam of the dress.
I love seeing white on the red carpet.
Priyanka Chopra is one of my favorite style icon, and this was another hit. She makes it more casual and easygoing with a simple dark lip and minimal styling.
Some people might not love this look, but it’s totally different from the glitz and sequined gowns. I love how ethereal and romantic this gown was.
Elegant, embellished and a showstopper of a gown. It looks like it fits like a glove.
Millie Bobby Brown made my best dressed list because it’s easy for someone her age to want something crazy or colorful, but she opted for a very elegant dress instead.
This is definitely a statement piece. Some might hate it, but I love how it just screams couture. The lace detailing is super pretty and it’s another piece that breathes romance.
Photos provided by Buzzfeed.com
This was a dress that I wore earlier this year, and I got it from Forever 21. I thought the two piece was really modern with the lace overlay. I also love a cute body con fit, but I just liked how unique it was from any other dress I’ve seen. I thought I would post it because it’s also perfect for the holidays especially New Year’s.
Here’s the link to the dress: http://www.forever21.com/Product/Product.aspx?br=F21&category=dress&productid=2000198880
After the last episode of Project Runway, I think it’s safe to say it’s anyone’s game. I really like seeing the designers have a comeback, and Nathalia did that this week. Here are my power rankings after last night’s episode.
- Nathalia– Nathalia had such a great comeback. The only thing that would’ve made it better was if she won the challenge. Her coat and pants were so impressive and I thought her styling with the slicked back hair screamed street style. She should’ve won hands down.
- Lawrence– I loved Lawrence’s jacket. Everything she does is so tailored and well thought out. The color was bold, and I definitely think she stepped away from the all black that she’s been doing. The drop crotch pants were the only piece that didn’t work.
- Jenni– Jenni pulled out a really pretty two piece that I can see tons of girls wanting. It’s wearable, and I can see why so many people wanting it. I’m surprised it was just safe. Actually, the next few looks below Jenni were also equally surprising to see safe.
- Roberi– Roberi had three pieces that worked so well together. I loved the draping with it too. His style is romantic and I thought he did a great job of translating that to street wear.
- Rik– Rik also had a very strong piece that I liked a lot. It was definitely a nice play on textures. The ripped textures and braided hair really worked here, and the fit was awesome too.
- Dexter– OK, so here’s why I’m confused. How did Dexter end up on the top if so many of the judges hated it? I mean, I thought it wasn’t as good as Roberi’s or Jenni’s, but then the judges don’t love it? I’m confused. I did like the color, but it just didn’t seem like a top three look for me.
- Mah-Jing- Mah-Jing’s dress was just okay for me. I didn’t love it, but it was also a pretty safe look. I didn’t like the jacket paired with the dress. They were both nice pieces, but not together.
- Erin– Erin brought another yellow piece. I understood what she was trying to go for, but the execution was off. Putting playful embellishments has to be done right. In the first few challenges, she nailed it with fashion forward designs. She’s slipping a little, so hopefully she comes back to the top.
- Brik- Oh Brik. I’m going to miss him. He just has such a fun personality, and I want to be friends with him. Anyway, I didn’t think his outfit was that bad. The fabric choices were not good at all, but I liked the idea.
- Cornelius– Cornelius was by far the worst. The jeans looked like jeggings and the top was so poorly made, it actually made me uncomfortable for the model. But he’s proven his designs to be somewhat strong in the past, so he was saved since Brik has been in the bottom twice. Stay tuned for next week’s recap.