I know. I know. It’s a controversial stance to be on Jordan’s team, but honestly, David annoyed me so much almost like when Evan used to instigate Chad all the time on Jojo’s season. This episode was a million times more interesting than last week’s so let’s jump to my top 5 after this episode along with my thoughts on the dates.
Garrett: Garrett is still going strong as Becca and him have a couple cute moments. When he was reading his song to her, they were cuddling like a real couple, and you can just tell Becca still really likes him.
Blake: Blake is so charming. Him telling Becca he was falling in love was so genuine. It was almost like a movie moment as they went outside of the building to kiss and be all cutesy. I’m a big Blake fan, and to me, he’s got the strongest connection so far.
Jason: I personally have a big crush on Jason because he just seems like a Ben Higgins type of guy. I think he might be able to squeeze in the top 4 maybe, but it’s kind of a stretch considering how little time he has gotten.
Colton: The Colton date was sort of boring for me. It had the classic hot tub in the middle of nowhere gag, along with a very vey vague timeline of when Colton first said I love you to a past girlfriend. I don’t get the Colton hype like I said in my recap last week, but he can do no wrong in Becca’s eyes. At least that’s the way it comes off on the show.
Wills: Wills is the biggest surprise of the season. I have to give him so much props for how he handled the Chris confrontation. He handled it like a boss, and you can clearly see that Becca was annoyed at Chris interrupting their time together. He made a good point that he never even had to give him those 2 minutes in the first place. Also, I’m loving Wills’s outfits so much. His blue two piece was so dope.
- Okay okay, do I think Jordan is self-absorbed? Yes. Do I think he is a little socially awkward and maybe doesn’t pick up on social cues? Yup. But I have this weird need to defend him a little almost like I did with Corinne. He never targeted anyone. He never said anything mean to anyone. Even with David constantly instigating him all the time, Jordan tried to diffuse the situation by saying he was focusing on his relationship with Becca. And ya know what? I think Becca felt the same way. At least Jordan used his time to open up. David used his time to talk about Jordan. And he crashed and burned because of it, and I’m not mad at the outcome. I also think Becca didn’t really take offense to what Jordan said because he’s all about joking around, and David really dropped the ball because he told Becca all these half truths. Becca handled this date and Jordan in general really well. When he started talking about modeling, she had fun and entertained it. Jordan leaving wasn’t really a surprise, but he’s more for paradise anyway.
- For Vegas, I kind of found the dates boring. We had two singing dates this season already?
- Chris, oh Chris. I sort of understand what Chris was thinking. He felt neglected and then after talking to Becca, he was like “ok, gotta take charge now.” But he went about it all wrong and couldn’t quite read Becca that well. She was clearly annoyed at the cocktail party, and it looks like there might be some drama with Lincoln next week too.
- I really liked Becca this episode. She handled everything really well, and I love that she calls people out when she needs to like David and Chris but also knows when to entertain certain people in their delusions like Jordan who is ultimately harmless.
- So we basically only have narratives for four people. Like Leo has no shot. Connor doesn’t either. I wish there was a little more moments with other people. I remember on Arie’s season, he at least had really awesome moments with Seinne, Chelsea, Tia, and Kendall. His top 8 at least was more suspenseful of who was he going to choose.
- Can’t wait to get down to some of the other relationships and build upon the existing ones in episode 6!