This is an article I recently wrote to have a little fun with this season of the Bachelorette! I’d love if people could check it out. If you love the show, I think you’ll like this post : http://www.puckermob.com/moblog/your-bachelorette-contestant-soulmate-based-on-your-star-sign
I’m loving the floral, whimsical feel for summer clothing, and I love these looks from Pinterest. They incorporate fun summer patterns and light weight fabric that’s perfect to rock even in hot summer temperatures.
The Bachelorette is back, and I’m excited for what looks like a drama filled season. Rachel handled herself like a champ in the premiere episode, even when the men were cringeworthy toward her, but we’ll touch on that later. Let’s look at my top 5 after this episode.
Bryan: Bryan made such a great impression last night. The rose seemed to be given purely based on the physical chemistry between him and Rachel, but they were so cute when they were talking to each other in that outside corner of the mansion.
Peter: I’m really good at telling when two people look good together just based on presence when they’re together, and I see it with Rachel and Peter. He was the first one out of the limo and those people always make it very far.
Eric: Out of the four people that met Rachel previously, Eric had the best first impression with his dancing. He seems like he has a fun personality too.
Dean: Let me say that Dean’s first entrance on the show was horrifying when he said he was “going black and never going back.” That line made me cringe so much. It’s so offensive especially because highlighting Rachel’s race should not be the focus of the season. But he did way better with his little sandcastle setup.
Alex: Just based on looks to be honest…..but I did love that he brought a vacuum cleaner to mirror what was shown when Rachel was auditioning for The Bachelor last season.
- I loved that Rachel brought all the girls back that she was close to on Nick’s season including Corinne, Raven and Alexis.
- Rachel’s dress was so pretty especially with the straps in the back
- Rachel handled Lucas very well. He was so disrespectful and obnoxious for most of the episode. It was funny for 3 seconds, and then became annoying.
- Josiah and Dimario either become best friends or enemies. They’re so similar in their confidence so we’ll see. That being said, I loved Josiah’s story coming full circle.
- The tickle monster was disturbing.
- Adam Jr. was so ridiculous, but it was kind of funny too.
- Mohit was so hilarious. I wish we got more of his drunk moments.
Here are my top 5 after this episode.
Vanessa: I love Vanessa. She was my early pick after the first episode, but she really exceeded my expectations. The date seemed like so much fun until she started feeling sick. Nick was so sweet and protective over her, which was a nice side to see to him. I really liked their dinner date as well because they had a very meaningful conversation followed by Nick actually crying! Then we end with a cliffhanger of her calling Nick out. We’ll see what happens next week.
Rachel: Rachel is another one of my favorites from this episode. She just seems very put together and had a great attitude at the group date. This was her first date outside of the house, and she seemed very grateful.
Danielle L: Danielle had a great showing this week, but I only see a physical connection between the two. I honestly don’t remember much from their conversation, but she might be a dark horse.
Raven: I still think Raven is going to go very far this season. She doesn’t seem like Nick’s type, but she seems like she’s got a connection with Nick still.
Corinne: Corinne is so ridiculous, it almost seems unreal. She is such a cringe worthy character to have on the show. It does worry me that females might think this is the sort of behavior they need to get the guy. I love that Vanessa said she’s not judging Corinne because at the end of the day, they should be solely judging Nick, the object of their affection, not Corinne.
Other Random Thoughts:
- Alexis is my spirit animal. She’s hilarious.
- The reaction to Liz was pretty underwhelming. Nobody seemed to care.
- The entire season seems like it’s geared toward questioning Nick’s intentions.
- Sending Dominique home was smart on Nick’s part. She was just comparing herself to all the other girls.
- Josephine is such a riot. She’s quirky and a lock for BIP.
Red peplum top from H&M: $9.99
Black Dress Trousers from H&M: $9.99
Black Leather Ankle Boots: $15.00