Last week’s episode was awkward, catty and weird. Everyone was sad and serious during their stay in the Bahamas. Here’s my rankings:
Lauren B.: Poor Lauren B. I felt so bad for her when Leah threw her under the bus. It’s clear that Lauren and Ben have a very strong connection, so she shouldn’t have been too worried about getting a rose. I love how everyone defended her right away. It shows how sweet she really is. I mean, Leah, you chose the nicest most genuine person to throw under the bus?
Caila: I like Caila, but I’ve seen a lot of people not loving her on social media. People say she’s fake? I’m not really seeing it. I still think she’s pretty cool. Her date with Ben was odd, especially after she admitted that she’s afraid she can’t love him. That’s not the smartest thing to bring up when you’re dating the “unlovable” bachelor, but she was still pretty confident throughout the date so props to her.
Jojo: I like Jojo. I think Jojo and Ben had a friendship vibe in the episode, especially during the group date when she gave him the “scoop.” She’s smart, articulate, and if she makes it further, she’d be a great bachelorette. Very Andi-like.
Emily: Can we talk about Emily? I love this girl. She really came into her own in the episode and seemed like the voice of reason throughout the episode. She’s also a straightforward kind of girl, which I like. I love how she told Lauren B. that Leah is just jealous of her, and that Olivia is delusional. Ben is not picking her, but she’s be great for paradise!
Becca and Amanda: I’m grouping them because I feel the same way about both of them. They’re both sweet, but I think one of them is definitely leaving in the next episode.
- Those pigs were so scary. I would’ve hated that date.
- Leah really showed her ugly side in the episode, and the sad thing is that she’s definitely a lock for Bachelor in Paradise.
- So is Caila going to be the next Bachelorette? That’s what I’ve been hearing.
- Olivia was left stranded while having to watch Emily and Ben make out. And I thought the Kelsey/ Ashley exits were bad.
- I’m so excited for Janner’s wedding. I think it’s funny that they’re trying to hide it. I’ll review their wedding after Monday’s episode so I can recap both at once.
I finally caught up with The Bachelor after missing two episodes, and here’s my review for the past two episodes, along with my top picks for the week.
Lauren B.: Lauren B. is the girl Ben has to keep reassuring, kind of like how Kaitlyn did with Shawn. Lauren has a sweet personality and she’s really standing out after these past two episodes. Also, Ben always looks at her in amazement every time they talk, so there’s that too. / Her white two-piece outfit was gorgeous during the group date. After this episode, it’s so obvious that Lauren is one of Ben’s top picks.
Caila: I think Caila and Ben are really cute together. She’s sweet, goofy and Ben likes her “quiet confidence.” I thought the cookie game was funny too. If she doesn’t win, she’d be a great Bachelorette. / She was pretty quiet in the last episode.
Jojo: Jojo is confident and had a great date with Ben. They have natural chemistry and that teal dress she wore during the rose ceremony was beautiful. / Jojo made a great move by interrupting Ben. It could’ve been awkward, but she handled it like a champ. BUT, Ben promised her he wasn’t going to blindside her, which worries me. Is that foreshadowing?
Amanda: Amanda and Ben had a great date and I appreciated her opening up about her ex-husband. I really like Amanda, but she’s almost like Renee. I can see her eliminated right before hometowns,especially if Ben isn’t ready to meet her kids. I also LOVED that Amanda stood up for herself right in front of Olivia.
Becca: Let me first say how gorgeous that boho lace sleeved dress was. It was stunning with her little mini bun hairdo. This was an awesome date, and I think it’s a pretty unique idea too. After this date, I’m not sure if I see anything other than a friendship between these two. / Same as Caila. But Becca and Jojo are clearly besties on the show.
Other Random Thoughts:
- Olivia is a lock for Bachelor in Paradise.
- Lauren H. isn’t on my list because I just don’t see her with Ben. I think she’s sweet, but I don’t see her staying much longer.
- Jubilee is definitely like a “Sharleen” character. She’s intriguing, but she can’t seem to open up the way the other girls can. Her story is relatable for sure though.
- The twin date was awkward, but Ben handled it well. It’s just a messed up situation to be dating sisters, so of course The Bachelor takes advantage of that by putting them both on a date together./ Emily also made her mark in the last episode by telling Ben how uncomfortable she was with Olivia.
- I think Olivia messed up royally with the Teen Mom reference, but I’m over the drama, and I don’t think Ben is nearly as into her as she and the other girls think.
- Jennifer and Leah are so invisible.