It was not a shocking finale as we saw Becca and Garrett get happily engaged. Becca gave her first impression rose to Garrett, and she followed directly in the footsteps of Kaitlyn, Jojo and Rachel.
There’s one huge difference though. The show was edited quite favorably for Becca and Garrett, which I’m so happy the producers finally did. I’ve always felt so bad and honestly confused why the Bachelorette’s final pick is edited poorly. We saw it with Shawn, Jordan and Bryan three seasons in a row.
And when you compare it to Bachelor seasons, it’s so different. I mean news came out about Vanessa being a little catty toward the women in her season, and she had a stellar edit. Same goes for Ben and Lauren, although there wasn’t that much drama. Arie’s season was an outlier, but it’s been a trend I’ve noticed. The lead’s storyline on The Bachelor seems to be edited to show a fairytale ending, but somehow we’re left questioning Rachel, Kaitlyn and Jojo’s decisions.
With Becca and Garrett, I am so happy for them. They’re so freaking cute together, and I’m so pulling for them to last. I was so happy we got to see Garrett get emotional about finding Becca and calling her his person. It was so wonderful and beautiful to watch him crying to Becca’s sister too.
Blake was a champ. The breakup was messy, but he handled the after the final rose really well almost kind of similar to Becca a little. I’m curious who people think should be the next Bachelor? I think Jason would be fun, but I’m cool if it were Blake too.
As far as paradise, I saw episode one, and man I’m really excited! Last season was kind of weird with the scandal, so I’m stoked to see all the fresh faces from Arie and Becca’s seasons. I’ll give a full recap of all three episodes next week.
For now, I wanna know! Why did it take this long for a bachelorette couple to be edited so favorably?
SPOILER: We are down to two. It’s Blake and Garrett. It’s not really a surprise, but I definitely have thoughts on the final three even though the episode was nothing shocking.
Garrett: I don’t have a ton to say about this date. Becca and Garrett just seem to work well together. I said I can’t imagine Becca saying goodbye to Garrett, and he basically reiterated the same sentiment. If he’s the final one, I would not be surprised at all. In fact, if Blake somehow is the chosen one in the end, I will be shocked.
Blake: Blake oozes the same anxious nature Nick did during Andi’s season. Maybe, he isn’t getting the same reassurances that Garrett is getting, but you can tell he is a very sensitive person. I keep thinking about Rachel, Jojo and Kaitlyn coming in and saying their first impression rose went to their final pick. Maybe in some sort of twist ending, Becca ruins that narrative by going with Blake. It can go either way, but if he gets his heart broken, there might be some Bachelor potential there.
Jason: I adore Jason. He’s always been my favorite, but I just don’t see the narrative for him to cued up to be the next Bachelor. We’ll have to wait until the Men Tell All, but nowadays, the producers have the time to go back to older contestants like Ben and Peter. If they went with Jason, I feel like it’d be way more interesting because he’s got such charisma compared to how bland the past few Bachelors have been.
That’s it for now! I mean the only other thought I have is how funny that blooper was between Blake and Garrett. It was nice to see that they were at least on friendly terms. I’m excited for the Men Tell All, but I also think it’s going to be kind of petty drama. We’ll see!
I know. I know. It’s a controversial stance to be on Jordan’s team, but honestly, David annoyed me so much almost like when Evan used to instigate Chad all the time on Jojo’s season. This episode was a million times more interesting than last week’s so let’s jump to my top 5 after this episode along with my thoughts on the dates.
Garrett: Garrett is still going strong as Becca and him have a couple cute moments. When he was reading his song to her, they were cuddling like a real couple, and you can just tell Becca still really likes him.
Blake: Blake is so charming. Him telling Becca he was falling in love was so genuine. It was almost like a movie moment as they went outside of the building to kiss and be all cutesy. I’m a big Blake fan, and to me, he’s got the strongest connection so far.
Jason: I personally have a big crush on Jason because he just seems like a Ben Higgins type of guy. I think he might be able to squeeze in the top 4 maybe, but it’s kind of a stretch considering how little time he has gotten.
Colton: The Colton date was sort of boring for me. It had the classic hot tub in the middle of nowhere gag, along with a very vey vague timeline of when Colton first said I love you to a past girlfriend. I don’t get the Colton hype like I said in my recap last week, but he can do no wrong in Becca’s eyes. At least that’s the way it comes off on the show.
Wills: Wills is the biggest surprise of the season. I have to give him so much props for how he handled the Chris confrontation. He handled it like a boss, and you can clearly see that Becca was annoyed at Chris interrupting their time together. He made a good point that he never even had to give him those 2 minutes in the first place. Also, I’m loving Wills’s outfits so much. His blue two piece was so dope.
- Okay okay, do I think Jordan is self-absorbed? Yes. Do I think he is a little socially awkward and maybe doesn’t pick up on social cues? Yup. But I have this weird need to defend him a little almost like I did with Corinne. He never targeted anyone. He never said anything mean to anyone. Even with David constantly instigating him all the time, Jordan tried to diffuse the situation by saying he was focusing on his relationship with Becca. And ya know what? I think Becca felt the same way. At least Jordan used his time to open up. David used his time to talk about Jordan. And he crashed and burned because of it, and I’m not mad at the outcome. I also think Becca didn’t really take offense to what Jordan said because he’s all about joking around, and David really dropped the ball because he told Becca all these half truths. Becca handled this date and Jordan in general really well. When he started talking about modeling, she had fun and entertained it. Jordan leaving wasn’t really a surprise, but he’s more for paradise anyway.
- For Vegas, I kind of found the dates boring. We had two singing dates this season already?
- Chris, oh Chris. I sort of understand what Chris was thinking. He felt neglected and then after talking to Becca, he was like “ok, gotta take charge now.” But he went about it all wrong and couldn’t quite read Becca that well. She was clearly annoyed at the cocktail party, and it looks like there might be some drama with Lincoln next week too.
- I really liked Becca this episode. She handled everything really well, and I love that she calls people out when she needs to like David and Chris but also knows when to entertain certain people in their delusions like Jordan who is ultimately harmless.
- So we basically only have narratives for four people. Like Leo has no shot. Connor doesn’t either. I wish there was a little more moments with other people. I remember on Arie’s season, he at least had really awesome moments with Seinne, Chelsea, Tia, and Kendall. His top 8 at least was more suspenseful of who was he going to choose.
- Can’t wait to get down to some of the other relationships and build upon the existing ones in episode 6!
The Bachelorette was back with another strong episode as the drama intensified in the house, and we got some surprises with an unexpected exit, an injury and some dark horses emerging. Here are my top 5 after watching this episode.
Blake: Blake is still going strong with Becca. I loved how he called her his girlfriend. It was very endearing, but we do see him being a little uneasy this episode because he had to learn how to share her when he had so much one on one time early on. I think it’s only natural for the people who get dates early on to get a little territorial kinda like Nick from Andi’s season. But I think Blake won’t cause drama because of it. I’m a big Blake fan so I hope he doesn’t self-implode.
Jason: Becca has a crush on Jason and so do I. When he popped up on my screen last night, I was like “Who is this Jason guy? He’s so cute.” He stood out too because he laughed off Becca forgetting his name, and I actually thought he was going to get the group date rose. He has some Ben Higgins vibes because he comes off very charming and genuine. But more importantly, Jason’s reaction to Jordan and David was so hilarious that it made me like him even more.
Garrett: I really liked Garrett in this episode. He’s goofy and you can tell he doesn’t take himself too seriously. I can see why Becca likes him because he just comes off as such a good-natured person.
Jean: Jean is such a confident guy. How could you not like this guy? I’m pegging him as my dark horse.
Colton: Colton isn’t really my type so I don’t really get all the hype about him being the best looking guy, but it’s working for Becca because she was able to overlook how sketchy the whole Colton and Tia relationship was. I think he got away with it pretty easily. And I love all the girls supporting Becca, but I honestly feel like Tia wasn’t really over the situation. When Becca said “Do you think he was hoping it would be you as bachelorette?” Tia fresponded ” Probab…I mean possibly.” Also, if Colton really liked Tia, he wouldn’t have gone on the show.
- Jordan comes off better than David simply because he’s just minding his own business. This is sort of like how Corinne came off better than Taylor because Corinne was just doing Corinne while Taylor was constantly instigating unnecessary drama.
- Clay! Poor Clay. He’s such a sweet guy, and although I didn’t think he’d end up with Becca, I did foresee him going pretty far, so it was such a shame he left early.
- David falling was so scary. Bunk beds need rails.
- I have to bring up the Jordan and David fight because Wills, Jason and Jean’s reactions made me actually laugh out loud. So relatable for anyone that has been involved in friend drama when they don’t want anything to do with it.
- Chris had a great one on one date, but I think the preview makes him cause drama that he sort of started in the first episode. With that being said, I was so heartbroken by his story with his dad and it made me wanna root for him.
- I loved the guys who kept the nail polish on. It made the drama going on even more funny when you suddenly saw a flash of their nails.
- Becca was a little more lively this episode especially when she commented about Jordan’s matches. I don’t think Becca necessarily has the same fire that Rachel had, but she is definitely relatable because not everyone has that personality. She’s a little more laidback, but when she needs to hold her own, she can which is great.
Blake: Blake and Becca’s date was so cute. He was perfect for the date because he sort of let Becca take the lead as she went smashing away at all of her and Arie’s memories. Blake is such a sweetheart, and I just like how genuine he seems.
Jean: Jean got the rose and deservedly so as he stayed out of the drama and made a quick connection with Becca.
Garrett: Garrett got the first impression rose, and I’ll get into the social media controversy surrounding him later, but just looking at his appearance on the show alone, he seems quirky and I loved his minivan entrance. It was original and fun.
Colton: Colton dated Tia, who was supposed to be the bachelorette before Becca and Arie broke up. So it looks pretty shady, and from the way he worded his relationship with Tia, he was super vague about the timeline so there’s some major red flags there, but it makes for some interesting drama.
Christon: Christon is very smooth with his basketball game gimmick and I’ll peg him as my dark horse for now.
David the Chicken: The chicken is actually a contender. He is very handsome, but I hope he doesn’t get caught up in drama with Jordan because it just makes him look petty.
Leo: Dodgeball champ and good commentary so far.
Joe the Grocery Guy: Nothing makes me happier than knowing Joe has a huge social media following considering he left night one. He has more Instagram followers than most of the current contestants. Justice for Joe will probably come because he seems like a lock for Paradise.
Jordan: Jordan is so funny. He has the best one liners and he doesn’t bother me at all. If I were a contestant in the house, I would probably be more amused than annoyed by his antics.
- So before the show started, Rachel, Kaitlyn, and Jojo came on to prove how funny and badass they truly are. I mean the bachelorettes are so awesome considering they’re all still together with their night one picks.
- Becca’s clothing has been so on point. Her red lace jumpsuit was sooo pretty on her group date, and I’m probably gonna go online to find out where she got it.
- Complete side note from show: Ashley I and Jared finally got together, and it made me believe in rom coms coming to life.
- The Arie bashing is getting old already. We get it. I’m sure Becca is over it too.
- About the Garrett thing: So Garrett’s social media from a while ago showed him liking some anti feminist and more right winged memes. I’ve only seen a couple of screenshots, but it did make me like him a little less. He made an apology which I appreciated, and I don’t think all his likes from a long time ago should reflect his present. However, it did make me judge him on the show, which I know isn’t fair, but it makes for an interesting concept: Could you date someone who has completely different values politically?
- Overall, the first episode was pretty entertaining, and the Colton drama made for some pretty juicy stuff this week.