Here’s one of my favorite pieces for spring. It’s a distressed jean jacket from Forever 21, and I wore it a lot last spring and summer. I like it even more now that it’s a been worn in. Hopefully you like this quick post! Comment below and tell me what trends you foresee for spring!
I’m loving the floral, whimsical feel for summer clothing, and I love these looks from Pinterest. They incorporate fun summer patterns and light weight fabric that’s perfect to rock even in hot summer temperatures.
This chunky scarf is exactly what I’ve been looking for this season. I also really like the chunky knit loop scarves that have been popular lately. This soft color above is really pretty and feminine too.
Corduroy button down skirts are super popular this fall, and I really like the ones in fall colors like red, burnt orange, yellow and brown. I love the idea of pairing leather with the preppy skirt to give it a little more edge. The shoes are also great too.
The criss cross trend has been really popular for spring and summer, but I love that they have them out in a chunky sweater. It’s cozy but still on trend.
Ripped jeans have been a staple for me for the past few months. I love that you can wear a really dressy top, but the jeans make it casual and easygoing. Cropped sweaters are also great for the upcoming winter.
I love more sporty looks for the fall too. Baseball caps and sneakers pair really well with a bomber jacket for a sleek sporty look this season.
I found all these looks on Pinterest, so check out their fall fashion for more!
I’m loving this simple plaid blouse from Kohl’s by Apt. 9. It was only $4.00 because it was on the sales rack, and I love how relaxed it feels for work or school. I wore this blouse with ripped cutoff shorts and converse for a more casual feel.
It’s National Lipstick Day, and I got these lipsticks today at Rite Aid for 99 cents each. They’re from wet n wild, one of my favorite makeup brands, and the shades are from left to right: Blind Date, Cherry Frost and Black Orchid. I’m excited to try these colors out. Hope you liked this quick post.
This week’s summer profile goes to Ashley Hargrove. I love her blog and style right now, so check out her blog here: http://liketoknow.it/Dtkaustin
Meet Ashley Hargrove: DTK Austin owner, Ashley Hargrove, is a commercial advertising wardrobe stylist, model and fashion blogger sharing her personal style and tips as well as behind the scenes of her many advertising projects. Ashley has styled and modeled for many well-known companies and brands including Neiman Marcus, BMW, Bud Light and many more.
What is your favorite part of your job?As a commercial stylist, I get to meet new people every single day, whether it be models, actors, new crews, production teams, etc. It is definitely the best and favorite part of my job.
What is your current favorite accessory?
My Chanel Boy Bag
If you could describe your style in three words, they would be….
Edgy, minimal, classic
Thanks to Ashley for being a part of my blog!
A lot of these bags and clutches that are crafted into objects are so cool to look at. They are very commercial right now, but you might be wondering how you might actually style these with your wardrobe. I went to Polyvore.com to search for some of the tougher ones to pull off. Here’s what I think a person can rock for each bag, so hopefully it gives you some ideas.
- The French Fries Bag: This little bag is adorable but hard to pull off, especially with the bright red and yellow color. For this bag, I’d recommend an edgier outfit in a black and white outfit. I’d wear casual blue jeans with a simple white tee and a leather jacket. In general, I’d take a more casual approach to this bag.
- The Book Clutch: This clutch is a nice play on carrying a book everywhere you go. But when would someone use this? For this clutch, I’d take a much more preppier approach. I’d wear a pair of boyfriend jeans with a blazer and loose tank top. Again, it’s something to bring along if you’re just going to a lunch so it’s a casual look with a preppy vibe.
- The Panda Bear: This is a bag that can be worn with a simple striped shirt and jeans or can be worn with a fun polka dot print. For this clutch, I’d focus on a print. If you want to tone down the outfit, stick to the black and white print. If you want a louder statement, wear a bold color. Just don’t do both, otherwise it’ll be too much.
- The Camera: Similar to the book, I like the idea of turning a bag into something people legitimately carry around with them at all times. For this bag, I like the idea of wearing a bright color sun dress in a bright green or pink color. Because the bag is so animated, I think the brighter colors work better here for a fun look.
- The Face: The clutch is very animated and I love that it can be worn casually too. This is a fun clutch to bring if you’re going out because it’s small and still a statement piece. The pop of red is a nice touch too.
- The Lemon: This was my favorite bag of the bunch. It’s summery and would work for a more formal event. It’s a little more understated too. For this bag, I’d wear a shift dress in a bright color like cobalt blue or green because I like mixing solid colors. For a casual look, I think a loose button down with cutoff shorts would work well with the bag to make it stand out.
- The Paper Bag: This was hands down the hardest bag to even imagine having. It’s the most interesting but how would someone use this? After realizing it’s actually vinyl, I thought this metallic bag served more as a clutch so I could see someone wearing it in place of a metallic clutch.
- The Toothless Backpack: I actually think this bag is super versatile, but I wanted to add it because it’s Toothless, which is awesome. You can bring this to an airport as a carry on or for everyday activities like going to class or shopping.
- The Fan Bag: I like that this is a more feminine bag than the others so it has a much more romantic feel. I would use this for a formal event with a soft pastel colored dress or a floral printed dress. It would also work with lace or crocheted dresses.
- The Eggs Bag: This is a cute little pouch to put in a larger carry on so it’s versatile enough to throw coins in or put makeup in.
If you liked any of these bags enough, you can find the details here in my original post on Polyvore: http://www.polyvore.com/animated_accessories/set?id=200904237