- Lightroom: If Instagram isn’t cutting it with the filters, people should download the Lightroom app because it’s free if you have an iphone. You can change a photo drastically with changes in lighting, radiance and tinting. Additionally, you can edit photos professionally on your phone if you need to blog or edit quickly on the go.
- Hootsuite: I run a few accounts on Instagram for my major. If you have to manage social media for a business like I have to, this app allows you to schedule all your posts. Rather than having to remember throughout the week, you can load your posts up on a Sunday night once, and the posts will update automatically.
- Canva: Canva is perfect for making aesthetically pleasing promotional posters and graphics. Some designs are $1.99, but there are a ton that you can use for free. For a social media savvy app, it’s much easier and quicker than InDesign and Photoshop.
- TapeACall: As a journalist, I need to transcribe phone calls sometimes. TapeACall is perfect for recording your phone calls effortlessly. It does cost money to record your calls freely, but it’s so worth it if you’re constantly doing interviews. Definitely remind your sources they’re being recorded beforehand as well.
- WordPress: This might seem like an obvious one, but posting on the WordPress app is so much more convenient if you need to do a quick post. This is one of the best mobile apps I’ve seen that is just as good as the computerized website.
ALSO, I recently got an article written about me, and I linked it below. I’ve been the editor in chief for Cardinal Points, a staff writer for DoNorth magazine, an editorial assistant for Saranac Review, and a social media manager for the literary magazine ZPlatt. I also used to co-host a radio show and have been a teaching assistant for three different classes.
Here’s the link to check it out: http://cardinalpointsonline.com/singh-builds-confidence-through-leadership/
My friend took this photo when we went to Vermont over the weekend, and I thought this was perfect for Valentine’s Day. If you have a valentine, spend it by spreading love. And if you don’t, spread love to your friends, your family and most importantly, yourself.
I had to watch the episode a bit late, but all my friends told me it was really good drama, and they were right. This episode was so funny and ridiculous. Krystal was crazy. Savage Arie is starting to come out, and Tia stole my heart. Here’s my top 5 frontrunner list for this episode.
Chelsea: Chelsea is one of my favorites this season, and I’m glad I wasn’t quick to judge her even during the first episode. Her date with Arie was super sweet, and they have a good chemistry.
Lauren B: OK, Chelsea and Arie have a good chemistry, but I thought Lauren and Arie’s time together was actually really cute and proved they had even better chemistry together. The game was silly, but it made for them to get to know each other a bit better. I can see Lauren going far after this episode.
Becca K.: Becca got to go to Arie’s room, and she was getting a little worried after feeling like her date was a long time ago. I still think she’s a frontrunner. She’ll probably have a second date in the next couple of episodes.
Tia: Tia and Arie had such a good time together on their date. I kind of wish they didn’t pigeon hole her into this date. Like why couldn’t she have a glamorous date like most of the girls have had so far?
Kendall: Kendall is one of a kind, and she owns it, which is why Arie probably likes her sort of weirdness.
Thoughts on Krystal:
- Usually I have thoughts on the episode as a whole, but let’s delve into everything that was Krystal. First off, thank you Krystal. She provided the most entertaining two hours of television for me in a while.
- I mean Krystal went wrong when she didn’t accept responsibility for throwing her little fit. She just kept making excuses. I feel like if she apologized and just said “You know what guys, I was out of line,” things would’ve been fine. I think Arie is started seeing that sort of manipulative side to her, so she should be leaving sometime soon. We’ll see!
- Krystal had so many crazy quotes this episode. The glitter one made me laugh because she was so serious when she said it. I thought she was being pretty childish throughout the episode by throwing a fit to get Arie’s attention. I thought the way everyone went about Krystal was interesting.
- I actually liked Kendall pulling her aside and talking to her so calmly. As much as I love Bekah, I actually didn’t like how she egged on Krystal. She was instigating a lot of the drama too, and I sort of felt like her age was showing a bit in this episode.
- I think Arie handled the whole thing really well. I’m glad he went up to talk to her before the cocktail party because I mean, she was talking crap about him specifically, so of course, he’d want to get that out of the way, so he can focus on the girls rather than having it hang over the night. All in all, Arie did a solid job this episode, except when he licked the ball. That was gross.
- I cannot wait until the next episode. They’re going to Paris, which is actually really cool, so I’m excited to see what’s to come.
- Oh my last thought: Jenna- She was drunk the entire episode. The entire time maybe. It made me laugh so hard.