The Bachelorette is back, and I’m excited for what looks like a drama filled season. Rachel handled herself like a champ in the premiere episode, even when the men were cringeworthy toward her, but we’ll touch on that later. Let’s look at my top 5 after this episode.
Bryan: Bryan made such a great impression last night. The rose seemed to be given purely based on the physical chemistry between him and Rachel, but they were so cute when they were talking to each other in that outside corner of the mansion.
Peter: I’m really good at telling when two people look good together just based on presence when they’re together, and I see it with Rachel and Peter. He was the first one out of the limo and those people always make it very far.
Eric: Out of the four people that met Rachel previously, Eric had the best first impression with his dancing. He seems like he has a fun personality too.
Dean: Let me say that Dean’s first entrance on the show was horrifying when he said he was “going black and never going back.” That line made me cringe so much. It’s so offensive especially because highlighting Rachel’s race should not be the focus of the season. But he did way better with his little sandcastle setup.
Alex: Just based on looks to be honest…..but I did love that he brought a vacuum cleaner to mirror what was shown when Rachel was auditioning for The Bachelor last season.
- I loved that Rachel brought all the girls back that she was close to on Nick’s season including Corinne, Raven and Alexis.
- Rachel’s dress was so pretty especially with the straps in the back
- Rachel handled Lucas very well. He was so disrespectful and obnoxious for most of the episode. It was funny for 3 seconds, and then became annoying.
- Josiah and Dimario either become best friends or enemies. They’re so similar in their confidence so we’ll see. That being said, I loved Josiah’s story coming full circle.
- The tickle monster was disturbing.
- Adam Jr. was so ridiculous, but it was kind of funny too.
- Mohit was so hilarious. I wish we got more of his drunk moments.