After the last episode of Project Runway, I think it’s safe to say it’s anyone’s game. I really like seeing the designers have a comeback, and Nathalia did that this week. Here are my power rankings after last night’s episode.
- Nathalia– Nathalia had such a great comeback. The only thing that would’ve made it better was if she won the challenge. Her coat and pants were so impressive and I thought her styling with the slicked back hair screamed street style. She should’ve won hands down.
- Lawrence– I loved Lawrence’s jacket. Everything she does is so tailored and well thought out. The color was bold, and I definitely think she stepped away from the all black that she’s been doing. The drop crotch pants were the only piece that didn’t work.
- Jenni– Jenni pulled out a really pretty two piece that I can see tons of girls wanting. It’s wearable, and I can see why so many people wanting it. I’m surprised it was just safe. Actually, the next few looks below Jenni were also equally surprising to see safe.
- Roberi– Roberi had three pieces that worked so well together. I loved the draping with it too. His style is romantic and I thought he did a great job of translating that to street wear.
- Rik– Rik also had a very strong piece that I liked a lot. It was definitely a nice play on textures. The ripped textures and braided hair really worked here, and the fit was awesome too.
- Dexter– OK, so here’s why I’m confused. How did Dexter end up on the top if so many of the judges hated it? I mean, I thought it wasn’t as good as Roberi’s or Jenni’s, but then the judges don’t love it? I’m confused. I did like the color, but it just didn’t seem like a top three look for me.
- Mah-Jing- Mah-Jing’s dress was just okay for me. I didn’t love it, but it was also a pretty safe look. I didn’t like the jacket paired with the dress. They were both nice pieces, but not together.
- Erin– Erin brought another yellow piece. I understood what she was trying to go for, but the execution was off. Putting playful embellishments has to be done right. In the first few challenges, she nailed it with fashion forward designs. She’s slipping a little, so hopefully she comes back to the top.
- Brik- Oh Brik. I’m going to miss him. He just has such a fun personality, and I want to be friends with him. Anyway, I didn’t think his outfit was that bad. The fabric choices were not good at all, but I liked the idea.
- Cornelius– Cornelius was by far the worst. The jeans looked like jeggings and the top was so poorly made, it actually made me uncomfortable for the model. But he’s proven his designs to be somewhat strong in the past, so he was saved since Brik has been in the bottom twice. Stay tuned for next week’s recap.