So I’ve been MIA with my Project Runway recaps because of my busy schedule. I did, however, finally catch up, so I’m going to do a little power rankings post.
By the way, this recap is based off of both design and personality, so some designers might be ranked a little higher purely because they’re entertaining. I also included my favorite look from each designer.
- Laurence– Laurence is such a badass on the show. After the first episode, I was a little disapointed, but I love her sleek, edgy aesthetic. Her looks are always chic and expensive looking, and honestly, I just love her personality too. Her leather jacket and dress from the last challenge have been my favorites so far.
- Rik– Rik is also someone whose personality I really like. He just seems so humble about all the success he’s gotten so far. His designs are really sleek as well, and his swimsuit was one of my favorite pieces from this season so far.
- Erin- Erin is clearly a force to be reckon with. Her aesthetic is really quirky and her emebellishments are super unique. I really liked the black light challenge because she used this concept of turning something pretty into something sexy.
- Jenni– Jenni is another person whose style is really refreshing and modern. Her dress from the last challenge was stunning and the color and embellishment made it look super expensive.
- Dexter– Sure Dexter got a little carried away with Erin, but I didn’t think his fringe dress was that bad. I really started liking Dexter after the team challenge. He was authoritative but still kept his fun personality alive. He’s definitely someone I can see going far.
- Roberi– Roberi’s swimsuit was awesome in the fourth episode. It was such a playful print. Personally, I like how whimsical and imaginative his designs are.
- Mah-Jing– Mah-Jing is so high because I love his personality. His vest was the one piece I liked of the collection, and I thought his tears over Tasha was so sweet.
- Brik- Brik should technically be at the bottom based on his first few designs, but I like Brik’s personality and energy on the show. He has a lot of funny sound bites, and it’d be cool if he made a comeback.
- Cornelius- Cornelius is such a character. He’s so snarky, but I love the drama he brings. His designs aren’t my favorite, but the emoji dress he made was so amazing. He should’ve won that challenge.
- Nathalia- Nathalia is on the bottom because she just isn’t that memorable. I love this look below. It was definitely a standout. The fact that she’s on my bottom shows how talented the designers are this year.