This is super late, but I wanted to do this for a while. I’ve never done a recipe for my blog before, and to be honest, this isn’t really a recipe because everything is premade. But on the 4th of July, I made these last minute desserts, so here’s a quick easy dessert to make if you don’t have time to bake or make something from scratch.
So here is all you need:
- 2 tubs of dark chocolate gelato
- 1 whole pound cake
- whip cream ( 1 tub and canned)
- assorted berries
- 1 chocolate bar
- I used these clear plastic cups so you can see the layers. I liked these little punch ones because it’s a great serving size for dessert. The first step is to cut the pound cake into cubes.
- Next, put one scoop of dark chocolate gelato into each cup. It’s going to be messy on the side of the cup so use a napkin to make the layer more even.
- Then, put about five to six cubes of pound cake into an even layer. Put a layer of cool whip and if you want a more pretty finish, use a canned whip cream to top it off.
- Finally, throw on whatever berries you have. I find that when you kind of scatter them, it adds a nice rustic touch.
- For an alternate cup, I used mint chocolate chip gelato, so I shaved chocolate and used raspberries on top.
This was a super easy dessert recipe, maybe even too simple for an actual recipe, but the results were amazing. Anyway, I’ve never done a little recipe post before, but I thought this was a really cute idea. I hope you liked it! 🙂