It’s finally over, and I’ve got to say that the finale went by kind of quickly. Last season, it dragged for me, but the two hours flew by for me. It wasn’t that dramatic by any means, but I do have some thoughts on Shawn and Nick.
Shawn: I know some people are firmly Team Nick or Shawn, but I’m neither really. I just think the two guys got off on the wrong foot. And FINALLY, we get to see some cute moments between Shawn and Kaitlyn. This entire season was fogged by the stupid drama between Shawn and Nick, and we didn’t get to see why Kaitlyn liked Shawn so much. Now I get why. They had a lot of giddy moments during their last date, and though the first part was awkward, I’m glad they communicated that so effortlessly. His gift was also so thoughtful, and trumped Nick’s gift. And he was great during the family meeting. You can clearly see how in love Kaitlyn is with Shawn.
Nick: Poor Nick. He got second place twice, but I do think he handled himself way better than last season. The breakup was so uncomfortable to watch, especially because Kaitlyn let him get pretty far with his proposal. I also think he was unfair to get all upset over how much effort she put into the relationship. Wasn’t she supposed to? But during the After the Final Rose, he definitely redeemed himself a little bit.
Other Random Thoughts:
– Kaitlyn told her family that she slept with Nick? That’s also uncomfortable for Nick.
– Shawn asked for Kaitlyn’s mom and dad’s approval, instead of just her dad. I really loved that.
– I loved all the clothes Kaitlyn wore in this episode. She wore a blood orange lace dress and then a yellow/blue fit and flare dress. Both were adorable. I also liked her finale dress a lot. It was a soft blush color that complimented Kaitlyn’s skin.
– What was with the ring throwing? It was so dramatic and silly. He was devastated…Remember how chill Becca was when she got rejected?
– The Shawn/ Nick confrontation was so unnecessary. Their compliments in the beginning were so funny, and then they both say how much they regretted their petty drama. BUT Shawn said Nick said something in the house that they weren’t going to get into. Did anyone else catch that?
– Shawn knows how to please a crowd by throwing out a Ben H. mention.
– Shawn and Kaitlyn both seem really in love, and I hope they last. I didn’t see Chris or Andi ending up with their final picks, but I feel good about this couple. They kind of remind me of Des and Chris, who had to go through so much on the show, and it only made them stronger.
Bachelor in Paradise starts on Sunday, and I’m so excited. It looks like a crazy mess.