Over Christmas, I received a Betsey Johnson bag which was red with giant white hearts. Initially, I wasn’t totally in love with a printed, bright colored bag. However, I found myself mixing and matching different pieces of clothing to match my new bag. From a striped tee to a patterned dress, I started loving the bag simply because it was a statement in itself. I also could elevate my outfit by mixing prints and patterns.
So after receiving the bag, it made me think about the essential bags every girl should have. Instead of having forty different bags, these bags below are the kind that are versatile enough to use from day to night! I made a list of the types of bags versatile enough to just have those 10 bags.
1) Top Handle Satchel: This is the perfect bag for going anywhere! It’s a great size to fit all of your essentials and I love being able to carry the bag over my shoulder or having the option to carry it. MICHAEL Michael Kors $349.99
2) Envelope Clutch– An envelope clutch is great for nights out and I personally like the portfolio size ones to carry during the day. Bar Accent Envelope Clutch- $39.90 from Express
3) Backpacks– Backpacks are ideal for traveling or hiking simply because it’s easier to have both hands free. Olsenboye Tribal Backpackwith Faux-Leather Flap Pocket- $29.99 from JCPenney
4) Metallic Tote– A tote bag is great to throw magazines or paperwork in! It’s good for packing everything you need for the day! A metallic color will go with anything too. Ted Baker Textured metallic bow shopper Rose Gold- $81.00 from Ted Baker
5) Subtle Studs– I love a studded bag and think it can be used for multiple occasions. It’s edgy and can instantly dress up a plain outfit. This could be used with a skirt blouse combo or a t-shirt jean combo. Neiman Marcus- $55.00 from LastCall.com
6) Pop of Color- If you’re like me and dress primarily in black and white, then you should get a bright colored bag so it can be a nice splash of color to a monochrome outfit. Michael Kors Jules Large Drawstring Shoulder Bag| NEW- $223.00
7) Printed Bag- Again, like I said above, a printed purse gives an opportunity to have fun with fashion and mix prints. Women’s Square Print Crossbody Handbag – White $16.99 from Target
8) Crossbody Bag– A crossbody bag is ideal for running errands. It’s easy to carry around all day and perfect to throw your wallet and phone in. Calvin Klein- $168.00 from Macy’s
9) Minadiere– A minadiere is purely for going out and carrying around during your night out. I think the art deco or geometric ones are cool and artsy like this Bebe one. Bebe Womens Art DecoMinaudiere Black- $59.00 from bebe
10) Black Mod- This is the “go-to” bag because you use it for everything. Whenever you can’t decide what bag to use, you know this one is safe. I would splurge on this one simple because you’ll get good use of it. Black Handbag- $39.95
Some of these bags are super expensive so if you want a less expensive version of a certain type of bag, let me know in the comments or email me! Have a good day and hope you enjoyed this post!
Bebe Womens Art DecoMinaudiere Black