Here’s one of my favorite pieces for spring. It’s a distressed jean jacket from Forever 21, and I wore it a lot last spring and summer. I like it even more now that it’s a been worn in. Hopefully you like this quick post! Comment below and tell me what trends you foresee for spring!
So I fell asleep halfway through Arie’s season only to be completed bombarded with the intense finale that left me even shocked. It was crazy enough that he told two women that he loved them, so I initially thought he picked Lauren and just had a really ugly breakup with Becca before the proposal. But after seeing him propose to Becca, I knew there must be more to the story considering we had another two hours the following day.
Watching the first half wasn’t a total snooze fest. We got to feel even more bad for Becca when Arie’s dad basically said “You know either choice is just fine with me.” Then she had to sit through endless comparisons to Lauren.
To me, this was totally like a Jason Mesnick and Ben Higgins mashup finale.
It reminded me of Ben’s season because Becca reminded me a lot of Jojo and Lauren B. reminded me of well Lauren B. He told both girls he loved them leaving both of the finalists confident he’ll pick them. It really reminds me of Jason’s season for obvious reasons, but also because Lauren and Molly were both the risks, while Becca and Melissa seemed more of a sure thing because of how transparent they were on the show.
When it came to the breakup with Becca, it was so brutal to watch. Arie wanted to film it so that viewers knew it was his fault, which is OK I guess. I mean if we didn’t see it, it would be all he said, she said. What isn’t OK was his nonchalant nature about the breakup. He said they were “hanging out.” Umm Arie? You two are engaged. And poor Becca thought he was asking to date both of them, while Arie just wanted her to get the hint that he wanted to break up with her for Lauren.
I think the fact that he felt so torn is a huge red flag. Another red flag is the fact that he slid into Lauren’s DMs and apparently Bekah M.’s too. Arie is 36 years old. This is some immature behavior just based on the facts. Do I hope Arie and Lauren last? Of course! If Lauren is Arie’s person, then none of this trivial stuff should get into the way. And Lauren is a sweetheart, so none of the hate should come her way. It was all Arie’s actions.
Becca is one tough woman. She endured their breakup with such class, and she didn’t even give Arie the satisfaction of giving him a hug and sort of leaving things on a “good note” which is exactly why he stayed for a long time after. Their breakup was so authentic and she still handled it so well. I’m so happy that she was announced as the next Bachelorette. Some people think she’ll be boring, but she seems like someone many women can relate to. She’s a girl’s girl, and you can tell when all the girls from her season all gave her hugs and cried with happiness. Oh and out of the guys they brought up to the stage? The last guy with the horse was my favorite.
Overall, I think this season will leave people talking merely because of the finale’s twist. It wasn’t an amazing season, but you know what made it a little better? The Bachelor Winter Games. Some people might’ve hated it, but I liked this show so much because the couples seemed way more authentic. Dean and Lesley are surprisingly adorable. Lesley is so sure of herself and broke down exactly the man Dean needs to be for her. I’m beyond stoked that Ashley found someone like Kevin. Courtney and Lily were like the high school sweethearts of the show, and Clare and Benoit were the surprise couple to form after filming. The show was a hit in my book, and it made me love characters like Yuki and Ben.
That’s my Bachelor wrap up for the season. I’m so pumped to see Becca in a few months.
Feminism is a very misunderstood concept. It’s simply the belief that women and men should be equal. Women should be celebrated every day and support one another. Here’s an article I wrote a while ago about how I misunderstood what it truly meant : http://cardinalpointsonline.com/feminist-awakening-opens-eyes/
- Lightroom: If Instagram isn’t cutting it with the filters, people should download the Lightroom app because it’s free if you have an iphone. You can change a photo drastically with changes in lighting, radiance and tinting. Additionally, you can edit photos professionally on your phone if you need to blog or edit quickly on the go.
- Hootsuite: I run a few accounts on Instagram for my major. If you have to manage social media for a business like I have to, this app allows you to schedule all your posts. Rather than having to remember throughout the week, you can load your posts up on a Sunday night once, and the posts will update automatically.
- Canva: Canva is perfect for making aesthetically pleasing promotional posters and graphics. Some designs are $1.99, but there are a ton that you can use for free. For a social media savvy app, it’s much easier and quicker than InDesign and Photoshop.
- TapeACall: As a journalist, I need to transcribe phone calls sometimes. TapeACall is perfect for recording your phone calls effortlessly. It does cost money to record your calls freely, but it’s so worth it if you’re constantly doing interviews. Definitely remind your sources they’re being recorded beforehand as well.
- WordPress: This might seem like an obvious one, but posting on the WordPress app is so much more convenient if you need to do a quick post. This is one of the best mobile apps I’ve seen that is just as good as the computerized website.
ALSO, I recently got an article written about me, and I linked it below. I’ve been the editor in chief for Cardinal Points, a staff writer for DoNorth magazine, an editorial assistant for Saranac Review, and a social media manager for the literary magazine ZPlatt. I also used to co-host a radio show and have been a teaching assistant for three different classes.
Here’s the link to check it out: http://cardinalpointsonline.com/singh-builds-confidence-through-leadership/
My friend took this photo when we went to Vermont over the weekend, and I thought this was perfect for Valentine’s Day. If you have a valentine, spend it by spreading love. And if you don’t, spread love to your friends, your family and most importantly, yourself.