This is an article I recently wrote to have a little fun with this season of the Bachelorette! I’d love if people could check it out. If you love the show, I think you’ll like this post : http://www.puckermob.com/moblog/your-bachelorette-contestant-soulmate-based-on-your-star-sign
I’m loving the floral, whimsical feel for summer clothing, and I love these looks from Pinterest. They incorporate fun summer patterns and light weight fabric that’s perfect to rock even in hot summer temperatures.
As we heard it last time, Rachel wants a man, not a boy. But these past couple of weeks have shown that she is indeed dealing with a mansion of boys.
First let’s get to the good stuff first. Here’s my top 5 based on the men we’ve seen in the past two episodes (sorry for not recapping episode 3)
Dean: Dean had his episode last night by just being himself. To me, he came off super authentic even when he was talking about his mom. It didn’t feel like a sob story because it kind of naturally came up during their conversation. I love that he was afraid to go on the blimp, but smiled nervously the whole way through. Dean is definitely a dark horse.
Peter: After their one on one date, Peter is still pretty high on my list. He did especially well this week while talking to Rachel one on one and then doing his adorably funny rap to Rachel. They’re just so darn cute together.
Bryan: I have mixed feelings about Bryan. I like him when they hang out one on one and then he starts going a little overboard with some of the lines he uses. Like he’s definitely used those lines with other girls before. Some people love him. I think Rachel is super into him so we’ll see.
Alex: Alex killed it on the Ellen date. He’s so charming with his crazy little outfits and honesty. I love how his personality really shined through in that date. My only concern is that we’re not even seeing that much of him, but I hope he goes far.
Eric: Eric came around this episode for me by actually using his time with Rachel well. I also think Rachel is super into him even though as an audience, we might not understand it. Maybe we’ll see more of his personality as the season continues.
- Lee was so awful. He’s so cocky with everything he says. He’s instigating everyone, and with everything I’ve been hearing about his racist and sexist Tweets, I’m not sure why the producers thought it’d be a good idea to bring someone like that on the show. I know certain people are cast to bring drama, but this is way over the line. That’s so unfair for Rachel to deal with.
- Iggy is annoying the crap out of me too. At least Lee knows he’s a villain. Iggy is just insecure so he keeps bringing up people’s names.
- We haven’t see that much of Josiah, but I like his personality. I thought he handled the Iggy situation pretty well, and he was so funny when he was recapping it to the other guys on the stairs.
- Poor, poor Rachel! She should not have all this pressure of being the first black bachelorette. That’s ABC’s fault, but it’s so sad that she has to deal with the repercussions.
- OK, Bryce and Brady..Fine, but DIGGY???? Nooo
- Regarding paradise, I really don’t want to get too into it, but it seems like everyone is taking sides with DeMario in terms of the cast. I feel bad for Corinne because everyone is slut-shaming her. I HATE the way the press is bringing up the fact that she hooked up with three other guys, and the way she acted on Nick’s season. What does that matter? Another perfect example of victim-blaming. DeMario is also getting a lot of unneeded comments from social media. We don’t know the situation completely, so let’s not judge.
- Congrats to Carly and Evan on their wedding on Saturday
- OK, that’s it for this week. I’ll be recapping the rest of the season as it goes, so stay tuned!
Peter: Peter was the first out of the limo, and I love him with Rachel. They had a very easygoing laidback date, which allowed them to connect well. It also helped to have her dog come to the date. I can tell that Rachel is really into Peter because she seemed to get all giddy when she learned what they had in common. I really like these two together, but I hope they can keep the momentum since he was the very first date.
Dean: Dean had a rough start, but he’s recovered well. I love how shy and grounded he seems when he talks to Rachel, and it was adorable how nervous he was to kiss her. He’s a bit young, but I think he’s going far.
Bryan: Bryan made Rachel feel better by giving her a massage. I liked that he said he was going to be her own stress relief. It was a great move. Rachel reassuring him shows he’s probably going far.
Eric: Eric is still the dark horse in my mind. His presence was known in this episode, although he did dance for like five minutes on the court and then completely missed.
Josiah: Now that Dimario is gone, Josiah is the confident one. He said he’s very protective over Rachel, and she’s eating it up. Josiah is a question mark for me because I’m not sure how far he’ll go but Rachel took a liking to him in this episode.
- Another big reason I love the conversation between Rachel and Peter is because they’re normalizing the idea of seeing a therapist. It’s OK to see someone, and it shouldn’t be something anyone should feel ashamed of.
- I cannot believe Mila and Ashton came on the show. They’re way too famous and awesome to be on this reality show, but they were great. I love when Mila fell to the ground laughing during their game, and when Ashton was so confused by Lucas. They were so funny and made the date way more memorable.
- I really wanted Rachel to send the first batch of guys home on the group date. That would’ve made her the ultimate queen, but Dean saved the first group date.
- Rachel was rocking her purple dresses in this episode.
- Adam was so funny bringing in a dollhouse in this episode. Did anyone else catch that?
- The Dimario confrontation was so funny. He actually pretended he didn’t know her. He looked so bad. He should’ve just owned up to the situation instead of just making it worse by lying.
The Bachelorette is back, and I’m excited for what looks like a drama filled season. Rachel handled herself like a champ in the premiere episode, even when the men were cringeworthy toward her, but we’ll touch on that later. Let’s look at my top 5 after this episode.
Bryan: Bryan made such a great impression last night. The rose seemed to be given purely based on the physical chemistry between him and Rachel, but they were so cute when they were talking to each other in that outside corner of the mansion.
Peter: I’m really good at telling when two people look good together just based on presence when they’re together, and I see it with Rachel and Peter. He was the first one out of the limo and those people always make it very far.
Eric: Out of the four people that met Rachel previously, Eric had the best first impression with his dancing. He seems like he has a fun personality too.
Dean: Let me say that Dean’s first entrance on the show was horrifying when he said he was “going black and never going back.” That line made me cringe so much. It’s so offensive especially because highlighting Rachel’s race should not be the focus of the season. But he did way better with his little sandcastle setup.
Alex: Just based on looks to be honest…..but I did love that he brought a vacuum cleaner to mirror what was shown when Rachel was auditioning for The Bachelor last season.
- I loved that Rachel brought all the girls back that she was close to on Nick’s season including Corinne, Raven and Alexis.
- Rachel’s dress was so pretty especially with the straps in the back
- Rachel handled Lucas very well. He was so disrespectful and obnoxious for most of the episode. It was funny for 3 seconds, and then became annoying.
- Josiah and Dimario either become best friends or enemies. They’re so similar in their confidence so we’ll see. That being said, I loved Josiah’s story coming full circle.
- The tickle monster was disturbing.
- Adam Jr. was so ridiculous, but it was kind of funny too.
- Mohit was so hilarious. I wish we got more of his drunk moments.